Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

He may. I don't know him personally. Just saying if it were up to me, he'd be one of the top 3 choices. And his present comment ( which was mostly scripted football talk btw) isn't a transfer killer. Just what any good young player is supposed to say before there is an real contact.

It was in relation to him signing a new 5 year deal when clubs such as ourselves were rumoured to be trying to pinch him early, whilst he was still on the old one.

I really want to see what Pep can do for him after Tuchel

Me too. Fernandinho's position in Pep's system requires a lot of concentration and positional awareness which Weigl has in tons. And at 22, he'll be a part of our core for the next decade.

Me too. Fernandinho's position in Pep's system requires a lot of concentration and positional awareness which Weigl has in tons. And at 22, he'll be a part of our core for the next decade.
Weigl is not very quick though, which is why I have doubts.

How about our youngsters on loan ? ( Douglas Luiz and Aleix Garcia )

Can they be special under Pep ?
of course they could. That's up to Pep though, he can't transform every player, he chooses his squad and works with them, IF García and Luiz made it into the first team squad then Pep COULD turn them into stars.

How about our youngsters on loan ? ( Douglas Luiz and Aleix Garcia )

Can they be special under Pep ?
Both of them are struggling to break into Gironas starting 11 (Garcia has been given a few starts lately), so I think both of them needs more time. Have not watched Douglas a lot, but he doesn`t seem like a defensive midfielder, and I don`t think Garcia is good enough defensively to be the long term replacement of Fernandinho. I would prefer Ndidi or Diawara in the summer, and let the one of them be Fernandinhos backup.

of course they could. That's up to Pep though, he can't transform every player, he chooses his squad and works with them, IF García and Luiz made it into the first team squad then Pep COULD turn them into stars.

Why do Pep needs them to made it into the first team so he can work his magic ?

City already paid around 12 million Pound for Douglas Luiz and he was doing well in Brazil, therefore he should be ready to play and with Pep he should do better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.