Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Weigl is certainly the dream, but he's almost certainly impossible to buy this summer. I'd like Fabinho, but apparently the club see him as more of a RB than a CDM.

which is strange really as he has been superb this season in midfield!??! added advantage if we get injuries at fullback he could fill in there but has been brilliant in midfield

Apparently i read few weeks back that Fabinho prefers playing RB more than playing at Midfield. I think Pep would want him there as well. But for the DM part the player we need in my opinion is N'Zonzi or Gueye.

Apparently i read few weeks back that Fabinho prefers playing RB more than playing at Midfield. I think Pep would want him there as well. But for the DM part the player we need in my opinion is N'Zonzi or Gueye.
Fairly certain it was the opposite, that he preferred playing in midfield as opposed to right back.

I'm not going to debate that, as obviously were in total disagreement. Wanyama, for me, is an absolutely excellent holding midfield player who is also an asset both attacking and defending set pieces with his power and height. I also think he'd fit us perfectly in place of the poor Fernandinho who's offered zero all season.

He's not better than dembele imo

Weigl, Verratti or Kone for me. Tielemans as an outsider option.

The first three being difficult to get but if Pep wants....

He was a defencive midfield and I didnt say he was ever present and we do still need the option in the squad

If I remember correctly he was involved in the movement that ended with the Aguero goal and played a prominent part in our away victory against Newcastle.

Just off the top of my head.
He was one paced and couldn't pass water. He just liked a tackle which is what endeared him to the crowd

Barry supplanted him completely in the title winning season and was twice the player. He was reduced to being Yaya's water carrier when we moved him further forward in games

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.