Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Savic, De Jong, Ndombele.... Those are the 3 players I'd find most attractive to get.
Savic is more of an attacking midfielder imo, I think Fabinho or N'Zonzi are better DM options to replace Dinho

Think Savic is grossly overrated. Reminds me of Fellaini and the wank around him.

I'd try for Fabinho if we can't get Fred.

Better 'like for like' replacement for Dinho than Fred. Tall, agile, young (21). Good passer and incredible athlete.
Looks more like a fast David Silva replacement to me. Someone who plays like KDB. He would look special IN FRONT OF or ALONGSIDE Fernandinho, but Pep’s DM is someone who is a ridiculously accurate passer, who can tackle and shield the back 2 from counter attacks.

Ndumbele looks superb for his age. Big, strong, fast, aggressive, with excellent touch and dribbling skills ...in Ligue Un! To me, he looks like a KDB partner, not a DM.

Then again, I’ve seen a 5 minute YT video, so what do I know?!

Ndombele looks unreal. He has the height, speed, tenacity, passing, press resistance. Fits our squad dynamics age wise as well. He beats players like a winger too.

Plenty of potential issues with all the targets I've seen bandied about lately Weigl (form + injuries), Fred (height + b2b), SMS (Price + B2B) but this guy *could* tick all the boxes. Only problem is experience and we have at least another year of Ferna to bed him in if he takes time to adapt.

Of all the positions I expect Pep to get right (most of them) this is the one he knows better than any, he's played there , he's put Lahm , Busquets, Kimmich there, he's built teams around it. That with 2 years in the premier league I really don't care who he brings in i'm 99% sure it will be the right one.

Right now I think Fabinho is probably the best option. Young (24yo), physical, tall (about 4 inches taller than Fernandinho), scores a few goals, almost flawless from the penalty spot similar to Yaya except Fabinho’s record is 19 scored out of 20, iirc Yaya has never missed.

Fabinho is also a good RB meaning we would have cover there.

He can learn from Fernandinho for two years and still be only 26yo.

Fabinho’s father also said they “have a little soft spot” for City. Fabinho himself said the PL interests him and recently said he maybe needs a new challenge. He also would be a available for a decent fee.

My number one choice for DM right now.

Ndombele looks unreal. He has the height, speed, tenacity, passing, press resistance. Fits our squad dynamics age wise as well. He beats players like a winger too.

Plenty of potential issues with all the targets I've seen bandied about lately Weigl (form + injuries), Fred (height + b2b), SMS (Price + B2B) but this guy *could* tick all the boxes. Only problem is experience and we have at least another year of Ferna to bed him in if he takes time to adapt.
For those who didn't watch his monstrous performance vs PSG.

Looks more like a fast David Silva replacement to me. Someone who plays like KDB. He would look special IN FRONT OF or ALONGSIDE Fernandinho, but Pep’s DM is someone who is a ridiculously accurate passer, who can tackle and shield the back 2 from counter attacks.

Ndumbele looks superb for his age. Big, strong, fast, aggressive, with excellent touch and dribbling skills ...in Ligue Un! To me, he looks like a KDB partner, not a DM.

Then again, I’ve seen a 5 minute YT video, so what do I know?!

That's fine , 5 minutes on you tube, is above average for most to identify the strengths and weaknesses of potential buys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.