Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I`m surprised as well that we haven`t been linked to anyone else than Fred so far. A DM (Ndombele, De Jong, Can, Fabinho or Jorginho) and a winger (Bailey, Bernard or Zaha) is all we need IMO. I guess Bravo will stay another year, but I would sell Danilo and integrate Maffeo to the first team.

I wouldn’t consider De Jong, from December:
“I do not think I’m ready to play at the first team at Manchester City or something like that.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...nsfer-news/man-city-transfer-de-jong-14080440

So everyone should exclude him, maybe after another year at Ajax.

Think Bravo will almost certainly stay as he has a nice contract and no club will come close to matching it.

I’m with you on selling Danilo and bringing back Maffeo.

From the list, I would take Fabinho and Zaha. Fabinho would slot right in and Zaha would as well. We could get both for around £100m. Bernard is good as well but I would prefer Zaha.

“I do not think I’m ready to play at the first team at Manchester City or something like that.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...nsfer-news/man-city-transfer-de-jong-14080440

Think Bravo will almost certainly stay as he has a nice contract and no club will come close to matching it.

From the list, I would take Fabinho and Zaha. Fabinho would slot right in and Zaha would as well. We could get both for around £100m. Bernard is good as well but I would prefer Zaha.
De Jong said that some months ago, and he will play another couple months before the season ends. He is improving every game, and I think that he might be ready to be a backup to Dinho next season. We have used Toure a couple times this season, and in his current form, I think De Jong would play better than Yaya this season. De Jong is not ready to start big games and be a regular, but having him as second choice DM could work IMO. However, I would prefer Ndombele over him (and Fabinho, Can, Jorginho). Bernard is free, that`s why I mentioned him. He`s quick, a great dribbler and a decent passer. Would be a great backup to Sane.

The guy could not have been more specific about not wanting to come to us yet and yet people still seem to think it could happen!

I don't know what the rush is. If we were to sign Ndombele this summer we wouldn't even need De Jong, he can actually have a full season as first choice at Ajax and come next summer as Dinho's replacement. Then we would have the perfect combination.

The only way I see us signing multiple DM's this summer is if we have some bad news on the transfer ban.

The guy could not have been more specific about not wanting to come to us yet and yet people still seem to think it could happen!

I don't know what the rush is. If we were to sign Ndombele this summer we wouldn't even need De Jong, he can actually have a full season as first choice at Ajax and come next summer as Dinho's replacement. Then we would have the perfect combination.

The only way I see us signing multiple DM's this summer is if we have some bad news on the transfer ban.
Delph also said he wasn't coming, then showed up. It's irrelevant what a young player says while signing for his youth team.

If Pep puts a call in and say, "I think you are ready, and do you want to come start the process of becoming the best you?"

I'm sure his answer will not be "But Mr. Pep, I told shak and a few other folks I wasn't ready!"

I agree with this. @Delphinho think this would be the better solution.

The step is just too big for De Jong right now. It’s understandable.

What we need are players that are at the level where signing them will keep us at least 10-12 points ahead of rags, Liverpool and Chelsea for most of next season after those clubs have also strengthened in summer.

I agree with this. @Delphinho think this would be the better solution.

The step is just too big for De Jong right now. It’s understandable.
It's a big step for him, but there are lots of young players who has been able to take a big step and play well for big teams. Kimmich, Zinchenko etc.

Delph also said he wasn't coming, then showed up. It's irrelevant what a young player says while signing for his youth team.

If Pep puts a call in and say, "I think you are ready, and do you want to come start the process of becoming the best you?"

I'm sure his answer will not be "But Mr. Pep, I told shak and a few other folks I wasn't ready!"

Delph is totally different? It wasn't his boyhood club, he's obviously from Leeds, and he said he wasn't coming because the board promised him they wouldn't sell Benteke and then immediately sold Benteke. When he said he wasn't coming, he meant it.

He didn't just tell me and "a few other folks", he told the press at his contract extension. Its tough to give a more clear sign than that. If Diaz signed a big extension this summer and said "I don't want to play for Real Madrid" I highly doubt you'd be in the thread saying "It's irrelevant what a young player says".

He hasn't even played a full season for a team that isn't even the best in the Eriedivise, he's right when he says he's not ready.

They were watching this thread and delivered!

Manchester City and Bayern Munich are seriously challenging Juventus for the free transfer signing of Liverpool midfielder Emre Can (24). Both clubs have come forward in recent days. [Tuttosport]

On a free, I would love to have him.

They were watching this thread and delivered!

Manchester City and Bayern Munich are seriously challenging Juventus for the free transfer signing of Liverpool midfielder Emre Can (24). Both clubs have come forward in recent days. [Tuttosport]

On a free, I would love to have him.
Doubt that City are interested. And Bayern simply don't need another midfielder. The source is Italian, most probably the agent feeds the press with rumours, trying to get a better deal from Juve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.