Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Interesting choice, I always see him as Leicester's really shit replacement for Kante. Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of Leicester games, but the ones I have I always think how gutted their fans must be to lose him despite winning the league and end up with Ndidi who looks like he should play in the Championship. Maybe he's improved since I last saw him?

I think we can do far better though - needs to be an absolute premium defensive midfielder, as good as Fernandinho, because that's who he'd be replacing.

Interesting that you think he's shit,opinions eh ? :)
The lad is only 21 or 22 so has a lot of potential to improve,and wouldn't cost a fortune.

The lad is only 21 or 22 so has a lot of potential to improve,and wouldn't cost a fortune.

I haven't seen a lot of him to be fair, but from what I have seen I wouldn't want him to play for us. I didn't realise he was that young though, so maybe has potential.

I think it's such a key position though and with Dinho 33 soon I think it's a signing where we really need to pay what it takes to get right.

They got 40 million quid for drinkwater, I'm pretty sure they'd demand a lot more for Ndidi. After the Mahrez nonsense in January we all know they put stupid valuations on their players as well.

Clearly the best option is Fabinho. He is like Weigl but better defensively, he is very tall (taller than Dinho) so can slot in as a CB to make a back 3 with height if needed.

He is also brazilian and would get along well with the other brazilians, keeps harmony.

The choice is easy, Monaco isn't going anywhere and he will want to leave. Get Fabinho.

Clearly the best option is Fabinho. He is like Weigl but better defensively, he is very tall (taller than Dinho) so can slot in as a CB to make a back 3 with height if needed.

He is also brazilian and would get along well with the other brazilians, keeps harmony.

The choice is easy, Monaco isn't going anywhere and he will want to leave. Get Fabinho.
Good arguments

Would like to add that his passing is underrated. Also scores some goals and is near flawless from the penalty spot 19/20. Much better offensively than Weigl also. In his career Weigl has 2 goals and 1 assist while Fabinho has 6 goals and 3 assists just this season.

He would be an amazing addition.

I haven't seen a lot of him to be fair, but from what I have seen I wouldn't want him to play for us. I didn't realise he was that young though, so maybe has potential.

I think it's such a key position though and with Dinho 33 soon I think it's a signing where we really need to pay what it takes to get right.

I don't rate him highly. He's simply not good enough for us and I doubt he ever will be. People think because they see a defensive midfield throwing himself around a pitch, that he must be must be good. Ndidi has a poor first touch, insufficient technical quality, his passing is not good enough and lacks positional awareness. Granted, the positional awareness may improve.

And he can play right back, cover for Walker too

Agree totally mate! Fabinho hopefully should be a fairly easy deal to sort with a good relationship with Monaco as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.