Defensive record since 2008-09 season

Yeah, Sunderland at home, where we scored 3 and came from 2 goals down. You really do know your stuff don’t you? Ah, just noticed you’ve now changed it to “fuck all since the title winning season.” Except, of course, erm, the title again, where we scored over 100 hundred goals, 6 past Arsenal, Spurs, 4 and 3 against United. Keep those facts coming mate, you’re star material.

Still fucked up after both title winning season still wasting chances.

Ha! Ha! You’re priceless. Keep ‘em coming...

You're not a bad comedian yourself. Mancini and Pellegrini's achievements shouldn't be forgotten but again they shouldn't be brought back to the club as manager either.

This is what the Khaldoon and the Spanish two wanted.

They didn't want a defensive team they wanted an exciting, attacking flair team that scored more than the opposition.

It's why more attention was given to the attack. Its why Pellegrini was instructed/brought in to play that way and those stats changed...

They didn't want a defensive team they wanted an exciting, attacking flair team that scored more than the opposition.

It's why more attention was given to the attack. Its why Pellegrini was instructed/brought in to play that way and those stats changed...

Where is this exciting attacking flare you speak of?...trying to pass the opposition to sleep, get to the byline, cut it back to someone to have a shot at goal? As you can tell by the atmosphere at home games it's really got the crowd buzzing.

That's all well and good, but I'm more likely to fall asleep than be on the edge of my seat watching us.

Where is this exciting attacking flare you speak of?...trying to pass the opposition to sleep, get to the byline, cut it back to someone to have a shot at goal? As you can tell by the atmosphere at home games it's really got the crowd buzzing.

I wasn't lauding the approach.

I was saying this lack of attention on the defence comes from those above the manager.

Keegan tried this approach in the 90's against the well drilled rags and since then everyone who wants to stay and win in this league has built from the back.

In Spain it's different, everyone tries to attack and Txiki and Soriano have brought that philosophy here and it's backfired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.