Dele Alli

He is in a fine run of form but he is hardly a Yaya or Fern replacement. The closest we have to him is Kev and imo Kev is a better player. Think we could improve the team more spending £100m in different areas.

The home grown factor will mean a high transfer fee. Likely Spurs would leave it very late in a transfer window to sell, if they did sell. Shorter pre-season for player if he signed for us.

Midfield is one of our strongest areas. Do we need to buy home grown in that area? I don't think so. Temperament is questionable too.

I think we need to upgrade in midfield it's far from where it needs to be. Yaya has played well since he has come back into the squad, however you have to call time on his career at the club at some point. Same with Silva and Fernandinho who are hitting their 30s who may have a few more season left at this level. Gudonghan has had two big injuries and might not come back the player he was. Fernando and Delph are no where near good enough to be anywhere near the starting line up.

A young mobile quick centre mid is what's needed and I think we will strengthen in the summer. Ali has shown he has a knack of getting into box and being in the right place at the right time. His petulance would be a worry though, he would be a Premier League officials wet dream in a city shirt.

If this lad was the answer, I'm not too sure of what the question would be. He's big, semi-brutish, and I would prophesy that were he to come here he would spend more time suspended than Ferny does! Get a sky blue shirt on him and the refs would be down the lad's throat! He's a good player, but WTF is our academy about?
This for me

This is about as dubious a rumor as I've read in a while, together with it's source (Express)

In short: Alli is a good player, but completely surplus to requirements and City won't want to tie Pep's hands when it comes to revamping the key areas he has already highlighted as requiring improvement. Priorities will obviously be the defense (perhaps in it's entirety) the goalkeeper and another striker. If a world record is going to be broken, think more along the lines of Dybala.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.