Dele Alli

That'd be one way of spending the money that was ear-marked for Mbappe. Not sure Alli is any more attainable, mind you.

Outside of the obvious megastar players currently plying their trade in Spain, this guy would be the best signing we could possibly make. He's exactly what we need.

Genuine question mate, why not? What's not to like about him as a way of improving our midfield?

Alli is a tricky one for me because he's bloody brilliant...but where the fuck does he play?

He'd have to play instead of KDB or Silva, KDB really because he can't dictate tempo like Silva does.

The other way to play him would be a 4231 and that still means dropping KDB, or dropping Sterling and playing KDB in a position he's never been great at on the RW.

And do you really want to spend a world record fee on someone who pushes our current record transfer out of the team...and is Alli even better than KDB? He's a better goalscorerer but nothing else.

I assume Pep would have a way to make it work, but I find it hard to really get behind these transfers when they just seem to throw up more questions like that.

I'd still be happy to see him here mind.

Last edited:
Alli is a tricky one for me because he's bloody brilliant...but where the fuck does he play?

He'd have to play instead of KDB or Silva, KDB really because he can't dictate tempo like Silva does.

And do you really want to spend a world record fee on someone who pushes our current record transfer out of the team...and is Alli even better than KDB? He's a better goalscorerer but nothing else.

I assume Pep would have a way to make it work, but I find it hard to really get behind these transfers when they just seem to throw up more questions like that.

It'd be a nice problem to have. I think he'd give us more bite and certainly more goals than KDB or Silva. On current form I'd have him in the starting XI in place of KDB, and as Yaya ages become more of a replacement for him. He's got the goals and drive in him.

I like him, he seems to have that something that you need to just somehow get a result against bus parkers and dirty scrappy sides, as well as a big game temperament in terms of his attitude and determination. He's not a soft arse like KDB or as brilliant as he is technically, Silva.

We need more goals from midfield too, Silva, Sterling and now Yaya don't get enough to help Kun out.

Why would Kovacic leave? He's Modric's understudy and Casemiro's back up, playing more than ever.

Isco looks odds-on to sign a new contract too.

Isco wants game time, not an increase in his contract, he wants to play, which still doesn't look like he's getting. He'll only sign if he's nailed in to be a starter.

A lot of RM fans haven't been to happy with Kovacic and don't seem to fancy him. Yes, he's young, but were talking about RM here.

The other way to play him would be a 4231 and that still means dropping KDB, or dropping Sterling and playing KDB in a position he's never been great at on the RW.

Xavi who presumably knows Pep's methods says he's ideal although like you I am wondering where exactly he would play.

Having said that apart from the fact he scores more than DS and KdB he is quicker and fitter and nastier.

Genuine question mate, why not? What's not to like about him as a way of improving our midfield?

Not suited to our playing style at all, if Alli did sign he will be suspended every other week through his petulance (the stuff he is getting away with at Spurs will be scrutinised a lot more playing for us) and despite his goals the rest of his game isn't that special whether it is for Spurs or the England. All for a world record fee.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.