deleted items

There are programs out on the internet you can get (usually named "un-delete" or "file recovery" etc) so try searching for one and see if you find any. Some will want you to pay to recover anything though so make sure you check first before you download it. They work sometimes but can be fairly unreliable from my previous experiences but have a go!

This site reviews the best software for data recovery. None of these are free, but you should be able to get a copy if you know where to look.

http://data-recovery-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Mancity583, be aware... NOTHING is unrecoverable from your hard drive, even after formatting it, if you have the right software. The only way to permanently get rid of stuff is to use software which writes random data over the files.

Well nothing ever gets deleted from a pooter, just the filename changes and its stored somewhere.

I have something that, if you'd like to PM her email address (or yours) I can email it over. It works by searching through those files for the one you specify. Be warned though no programme out there can guarentee recovery. But I've been where she has and managed to recover everything. Next time remind her to make back-ups!

Cheesy said:
The only way to permanently get rid of stuff is to use software which writes random data over the files.

Even then it must do it LOTS of times. In organised crime cases they have taken the hard disk platters and measured the charge in each bit and been able to differentiate between:

Previously 0, now 0
Previously 1, now 0
Previously 0, now 1
Previously 1, now 1

And have been able to recreate documents and all sorts.

orange_wkd said:
My friend at uni, in her wisdom has deleted a 10000 word essay and has no back up copy of it. I'll tell her to look for a recovery file.
Ouch! That must hurt. Poor lass. I get paranoid if I don't save an essay every 5 minutes or so. I hope she has some luck in retreiving it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.