Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

Bluemanc100

i’ll take the abuse from bike haters in return for a little advice..

I was knocked off my bike on Friday by a driver who accused me of undertaking him.. I was in the left lane of a two lane roundabout both going straight on and he ended up behind me...

He came alongside me and put both windows down to bark abuse and narrowed the gap to the point that he hit me and pushed me into the kerb which broke my wheel and I fell off.. I took the brunt of the force on my shoulder and broke my collar bone in 3 places (now plated following surgery) I also have a complex fracture on my opposite hand that they couldnt fix as they said that hand surgery can often exacerbate problems.

I have at least one witness who has made a statement to the police to say he hit me deliberately so I am now waiting for the police to contact me.

Can anybody recommend a claims firm in the Chester area who can take my case? I have material damage to my bike and kit plus physical damages clearly.. I really want him to be stopped from doing this again as he even stopped his car after hitting me to abuse me in the road

Did you get his reg? If so, track down his address, brick his windows and torch his car.
Smashing his wife or sisters back doors in may also be an option depending on their looks.
He stopped to abuse me and thankfully stayed till the police came and I was taken away by ambulance

I’ll bear your advice in mind for when i’m better

Sadly there are far too many dickhead motorists on the road.
The catalogue of stunts which they pull is innumerable.
What this driver has apparently done is a disgrace and I hope that the tw*t is removed from the seat for a long time.
Good luck with your claim.

I used Shoosmiths, they're a national company. You don't really need a local solicitor if you're happy on the phone. They'll take 25% on a no win no fee basis. It sounds expensive but you'll have no outlay at any time. Make sure you claim all your costs caused by not being able to ride your bike and keep receipts. These are paid back to you without any deductions/fees.

They were recommended to me by my bike insurance company (ETA).

Hope you're okay, it sounds bad. I've had some near scrapes like this myself.

Bikes are allowed to undertake anyway (if it's slow traffic and safe to do so).

Did you get his reg? If so, track down his address, brick his windows and torch his car.
Smashing his wife or sisters back doors in may also be an option depending on their looks.
Thank you, Mr Rumpole, for that sound bit of advice.
A mate of mine (yes, seriously) once used a tin of brake fluid to cover a car a week after the drunken driver smashed into him and denied reponsibilty.

i’ll take the abuse from bike haters in return for a little advice..

I was knocked off my bike on Friday by a driver who accused me of undertaking him.. I was in the left lane of a two lane roundabout both going straight on and he ended up behind me...

He came alongside me and put both windows down to bark abuse and narrowed the gap to the point that he hit me and pushed me into the kerb which broke my wheel and I fell off.. I took the brunt of the force on my shoulder and broke my collar bone in 3 places (now plated following surgery) I also have a complex fracture on my opposite hand that they couldnt fix as they said that hand surgery can often exacerbate problems.

I have at least one witness who has made a statement to the police to say he hit me deliberately so I am now waiting for the police to contact me.

Can anybody recommend a claims firm in the Chester area who can take my case? I have material damage to my bike and kit plus physical damages clearly.. I really want him to be stopped from doing this again as he even stopped his car after hitting me to abuse me in the road
I would hang on until you get the nod form the police as to them being able to track the driver down and are able to confirm they hit you. Insurance companies often take on cases based on what they think they can prove.

Thank you, Mr Rumpole, for that sound bit of advice.
A mate of mine (yes, seriously) once used a tin of brake fluid to cover a car a week after the drunken driver smashed into him and denied reponsibilty.
I covered the rads etc under the hood with dogshit and dairy once on a neighbour's car when he came flying into the estate at about 4 times the speed limit and hit one of the dogs. Apparently he never got the smell out of the car. Slowed down anyway.

I hope he is mortified by his actions and the repercussions. Did he say sorry?

Dreadful behaviour. It is though, a consequence of society (esp. those who benefit from roads being reserved for cars) treating anything else but a combustion powered vehicle using the road as an affront to civilisation.

I've physically chucked my bike at a car before to stop the wanker from tying to kill me. It is dangerous to cyle on roads.

A given. Maybe there is a gap in the market here. A company set up to do just these type of things. Like the A Team, only we actually cause actual damage for a fee.?

Dragons Den would lap this up. Although we would need to go on with scary masks on, for two reasons, one, so they wouldn’t know what was coming. And 2 I’m too fucking handsome and would probably end up shagging that torn faced woman for a large weekly fee that would make me unavailable for raids. You would be ok though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.