Fabian Delph 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If maffeo dosnt get a game time tomorrow there's very little point of him being at the club.for all the talk of pep playing youngsters all he's done is used them pre season when he had no one else and in the league cup..
And Garcia's had about 10 mins of prem action

As if Pep would chuck a load of kids in, already, when he's had no pre season & hasn't even had chance to teach the senior players how to play. Already we have seen them get time in the league cup & the Champs League. It's October.

If we hadn't defended like clowns at Celtic, we might have seen some of them in the Champions League for the final game. That kind of thing is all most of us have asked of the Pelle, for 3 years.

Maffeo is 18. If Pep thinks he's ready, he'll risk him on Sunday.

Total shite, as I said at the time of signing. A pointless purchase.

I agree...a pointless purchase....for the quote nothing more.

People (the press and general public) need to accept that english players are just not good enough on the whole. It has very little to do with the influx of foreign players...its down to teachings at a young age and a huge part of it is down to attitude and lifestyle as well. Thats why we have the academy set up the way it is as a community...almost somewhere that you could live fulltimr if you wished. Its to try and install not just the football skills but the lifestyle and education......the likes of silva re supremely gifted BUT another thing that sets them apart is their intelligence which a lot of english players lack.

As if Pep would chuck a load of kids in, already, when he's had no pre season & hasn't even had chance to teach the senior players how to play. Already we have seen them get time in the league cup & the Champs League. It's October.

If we hadn't defended like clowns at Celtic, we might have seen some of them in the Champions League for the final game. That kind of thing is all most of us have asked of the Pelle, for 3 years.

Maffeo is 18. If Pep thinks he's ready, he'll risk him on Sunday.
Not suggesting chucking a load of kids in,but with two right backs out its time to either play maffeo or what does this say to the other academy lads .?
Pellers was wrong in he had kids on the bench and choose to bring on senior players instead of giving them 10 mins here or there.
And too his credit he handled kelchi very well IMHO.

Not suggesting chucking a load of kids in,but with two right backs out its time to either play maffeo or what does this say to the other academy lads .?
Pellers was wrong in he had kids on the bench and choose to bring on senior players instead of giving them 10 mins here or there.
And too his credit he handled kelchi very well IMHO.

I think we'll go three at the back as Southampton play pretty narrow.
Maffeo should certainly be on the bench and used in need of a formation shift.

He was only signed as a squad player towards the English quota and we didnt pay over the top money , but his injury situation is getting ridiculous it makes you wonder when a player is collecting 100k a week for sitting on his backside if it is worthwhile pushing yourself through the pain barrier to play. Merlin has had ankle problems for 5 years and admits he plays in pain for the majority of games , but he is a committed player who loves playing football , not sure if Delph has the same commitment to the cause , ive not seen it yet.

Total shite, as I said at the time of signing. A pointless purchase.

To be honest, this is, and probably still is, my sentiments and I must admit that I feel quite disappointed, because I was hoping he would prove me wrong.

Total and utter waste of space. Probably earnt 3 million quid since he signed and the only thing I can remember is him doing two things for city tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.