Swansea
Sunderland
Sunderland
Leicester
Boro
Southampton
Celtic
Monaco waway

Opponents he played against include everyone in the top 9 in the league, Monaco home, Barca, the German club and we won won a70%.of those games. Double the percentage of our wins against againstthe mediocre bunch above.

But you know, he is shit and all. Simply not good enough. Lets bring Mangala back instead.

1. Those stats don't show things like being left for dead by Costa, or being embarrassingly outpaced by anyone with a clip of speed
2. Who is talking about bringing back Mangala or saying he is shit?
3. Nice cherry picking of the "top 9". How did we do against the top 6 who are our real competition?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Those stats don't show things like being left for dead by Costa, or being embarrassingly outpaced by anyone with a clip of speed
2. Who is talking about bringing back Mangala or saying he is shit?
3. Nice cherry picking of the "top 9". How did we do against the top 6 who are our real competition?

I'll add 2 more ...

4. When Otamendi was not playing, likely Kolarov was CB. So your stats perhaps demonstrate that Otamendi is better than Kolarov - nothing more
5. 70% win rate (if you want to accredit that to Otamendi) would give us 79-80pts in the season ... a point or so more than we actually got, finishing 3rd. So you actually endorsed my point that he is a decent PL CB, but not title-winning material

I'll add 2 more ...

4. When Otamendi was not playing, likely Kolarov was CB. So your stats perhaps demonstrate that Otamendi is better than Kolarov - nothing more
5. 70% win rate (if you want to accredit that to Otamendi) would give us 79-80pts in the season ... a point or so more than we actually got, finishing 3rd. So you actually endorsed my point that he is a decent PL CB, but not title-winning material

5 isn't quite right as you are talking about either losing games or winning them. You have taken draws totally out of the equation.

5 isn't quite right as you are talking about either losing games or winning them. You have taken draws totally out of the equation.

Actually no. By my calcs, City's record with Otamendi this season was won 26, drawn 10, lost 6. That's 69.8% of available points, which would equate to 79.6 pts over 38 games

Actually no. By my calcs, City's record with Otamendi this season was won 26, drawn 10, lost 6. That's 69.8% of available points, which would equate to 79.6 pts over 38 games

That's not the same as a 70% win rate though is it. Slur Alex had a win rate of 65% and won what he won so a 70% win rate is pretty decent. Pellegrini was down at 61.4% and obviously won the league.

Ah I see. The 70% win rate was incorrect. My bad.

That's not the same as a 70% win rate though is it. Slur Alex had a win rate of 65% and won what he won so a 70% win rate is pretty decent. Pellegrini was down at 61.4% and obviously won the league.

Ah I see. The 70% win rate was incorrect. My bad.

Yup, 70% win rate was not my post - was quoting the previous poster, but did my own calcs. Agree it wasnt clear.

Otamendi is a liability. Positionally weak, goes to ground at every available opportunity and is poor on the ball. Decent enough physical attributes and great in the air but that's about it. Get rid at the first chance possible.

Newcastle have approached Manchester City and the agent of Eliaquim Mangala, and their £12m bid is the best on offer so far. [Superdeporte]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.