Denis Law debut. 1960. Away kit colour !

The footage of the match seems to suggest Leeds were not in y/blue halves or white and City were in a yellow/gold coloured top
At that time Leeds wore all royal blue shirt with yellow/white trim, white shorts and blue socks

Me dad has previously said to me we used to have gold kit with maroon trim that rarely got used in the late 50's when the sky blue or marron kit couldn't be worn..

In them days replica kit were not the big business they are so don't think 3rd kit colours were that much of an importance, we probably just got a load of black shorts in on the cheap.

Last edited:
Late 1950's my Mam asked what do you want Father Christmas to get for you ? I said a City kit. Christmas Day, opened my pressies and there it was.............a bloody Royal Blue Everton shirt. My Mam said "Well its Blue, isnt it ?". Hated Everton and that Red Barsteward Santa ever since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.