Depressing

WNRH

How depressing was it to see our right back rested and instead of playing Maffeo we play a second choice left back.

Meanwhile Mochengladbach played someone of a similar age and didn't look out of place.

Amazing what confidence and belief does to a player.

I cannot wait for Pep.

How depressing was it to see our right back rested and instead of playing Maffeo we play a second choice left back.

Meanwhile Mochengladbach played someone of a similar age and didn't look out of place.

I cannot wait for Pep.
We got out of jail tonight by starting the game with that line-up and you are right in what you say. The kids have to get some real playing time sometime and if they are good enough to be in the squad then they are good enough to play. Pointless in having an academy if it isn't trusted by the manager.

We got out of jail tonight by starting the game with that line-up and you are right in what you say. The kids have to get some real playing time sometime and if they are good enough to be in the squad then they are good enough to play. Pointless in having an academy if it isn't trusted by the manager.
It's a huge leap from the Development Squad to being in a side with world class players, simple !

First half BMG showed why young players can be fantastic, second half showed the downside. As much as we were significantly improved, they totally lost it and lacked the experience to regain any sense of control in the game, allowing us to build more and more pressure and end up winning the match. Going with experience eventually paid off tonight.

Clichy also has played some RB for us in preseason and a couple of times last year. Not justifying the decision, but we went on to win the group thanks to the result so I'm not going to be overly dramatic at the fact we didn't start the youngster Maffeo in a huge European game.

And from where I was standing it was Clichy's run and cut back which set up Sterlings first goal...

There's no fucking pleasing some people...

That was not the right game or circumstances to start a raw,untested kid,however.....criticism is justified when previous,recent,opportunities to do just that have not been taken in favour of bringing on established/washed up members of the squad.It really does appear youth introduction is a very low priority for this manager but then i guess his thinking and outlook is very short term.

You knew who the three subs would be as soon as the teams were announced yesterday.

Not the game to give a debut, but surely we can afford to give these kids the odd 5 minutes at the end of the odd game so they can be a realistic option on the bench.

That was not the right game or circumstances to start a raw,untested kid,however.....criticism is justified when previous,recent,opportunities to do just that have not been taken in favour of bringing on established/washed up members of the squad.It really does appear youth introduction is a very low priority for this manager but then i guess his thinking and outlook is very short term.

Agree. I sighed given the sight of Clichy at RB, but i understood it. I'd not have brought Celina on over Navas either, or Adarabioyo at any point unless totally necessary.

I cannot wait for Pep.

Yet we top the group and Borrusia go out.

Seriously OP?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.