Depression

BlueHammer85 said:
Does it ever go away ?

Not sure if serious... But yes. Had a couple of years in the wilderness, all well now. I wouldn't have come on here banging on about it like some posters tho. JOTS comes to mind. When I was down, the last thing I wanted was a fucking audience.

Aphex said:
BlueHammer85 said:
Does it ever go away ?

Not sure if serious... But yes. Had a couple of years in the wilderness, all well now.

I appreciate that it's a very private topic, but can I ask whether you sought/had any professional help?

1961_vintage said:
Aphex said:
BlueHammer85 said:
Does it ever go away ?

Not sure if serious... But yes. Had a couple of years in the wilderness, all well now.

I appreciate that it's a very private topic, but can I ask whether you sought/had any professional help?

It's strange as it just creeped up on me. So it was hard to distinguish exactly when it it happened and when it ended? So no. I hid it as well as I could although I did lose my job.

Aphex said:
BlueHammer85 said:
Does it ever go away ?

Not sure if serious... But yes. Had a couple of years in the wilderness, all well now. I wouldn't have come on here banging on about it like some posters tho. JOTS comes to mind. When I was down, the last thing I wanted was a fucking audience.

Apologies but that's pretty harsh I reckon. Different levels/types of emotion/depression cause different reactions in different people. So if one person want's to talk about it on Bluemoon that doesn't make them any better or worse than one who doesn't. You might want to learn a little bit more about JOTS condition before making comments.

For what it's worth I'm becoming more and more convinced I certainly suffer from a mild form of depression but have never actively seeked medical help as of yet. I have family members who take anti depressants and also friends.

To the OP good luck mate.

Blue Streak said:
Aphex said:
BlueHammer85 said:
Does it ever go away ?

Apologies but that's pretty harsh I reckon. Different levels/types of emotion/depression cause different reactions in different people. So if one person want's to talk about it on Bluemoon that doesn't make them any better or worse than one who doesn't. You might want to learn a little bit more about JOTS condition before making comments.

For what it's worth I'm becoming more and more convinced I certainly suffer from a mild form of depression but have never actively seeked medical help as of yet. I have family members who take anti depressants and also friends.

To the OP good luck mate.

I understand what you are saying, I know a bipolar guy and it's hard for him. I think you are confusing attention seeking with depression. Sometimes I felt like I needed an outlet like no other, I wanted to be everywhere to everyone and then nobody to no one. I Really do feel personality is a factor.

Depression can strike anyone at any time.

a) It is nothing to be ashamed of, it is an illness, just like anything else.

b) Telling someone to MTFU sometimes works, but usually doesn't.

c) Don't wallow in your own thoughts, TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT.

e) It could simply be due to a chemical imbalance in your brain, speak to your GP, there is lots of help out there.

f) Try to get to the root cause of your depression, for instance if you support the rags support City instead....:-)

g) If you have trouble sleeping, don't drink tea or coffee close to bedtime, better to have a hot milky drink like Horlicks.

e) Exercise more, even if it's a simple walk in the park, try to get out of the house more.

f) Most importantly, it doesn't last forever, YOU WILL GET BETTER, but it will take time, you can't just snap your fingers and it will go, it is an illness.

These comments refer to serious depression, not just if your feeling down in the dumps or a bit fed up, like everybody feels sometimes.

This short video is very good:-

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc[/video]

BlueHammer85 said:
Does it ever go away ?

If you feel suffocated by the heavy black cloud, if you just want to lie in bed all day and see no one, if you can't be arsed showering and feel like you are screaming inside and see no end to it I can tell you yes it does go away but you need to see your doctor a few pills for a while helps you see light at the end of the tunnel and slowly it gets better.

That's how I remember it from about 10 years or so ago and even though I've had the worse 2 years of my life it didn't come back. Depression can be brought on by events or just come along for no reason, but you can get better.

I have suffered on and off most of my adult life and i became ill again in May of this year. Thankfully i have a great doctor and im well on the road to feeling much better now but i don't kid myself and i know i will more than likely suffer again sometime in the future.

Message is don't keep it to yourself, talk to people and seek help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.