Derby day ticket criteria

This debate will go on as long as demand exceeds supply. I have been going away since the early 70s and, like everyone else, didn't get any points for the first 30 years! I have had to buy from touts, sit in the home ends, and do whatever it takes to get a ticket, even jibbing in or paying for corporates when really desperate. I did just qualify for a Derby ticket but missed out on Bournemouth. There is no easy answer but I am sure the main problem is the size of ticket allocations. As a club we should do everything we can to pressure the authorities for more tickets for our travelling fans. We could even join forces with United who have the same problems. We are both big organisations with a lot of clout. If we got up to 5000 tickets for each away match we could pretty much resolve this. We could have contra deals with other well-supported clubs. We can also lobby the police. What about away sections for families on top of our usual allocation. We do need to make it easier for younger fans because they are the future of the club's support.

Here's one for you all.

If City and United agreed to offer each other 6000 away tickets for the Manchester derby, we had the top tier of the K stand, and United got the top tier of the SS, would you be happy with that? Obviously both sets of home fans in those stands would have to be given other seats in other parts of the stadium.

I stand corrected, but don't Celtic get 1 end of Ibrox, while Rangers get a larger away allocation at Park Head?

As this has become a sort of general away ticket thread, why have we only been given (or taken) 10% of capacity (3,255) for the Leicester league cup QF? Have they changed the rules on the allocation, it used to be 15% minimum - we took nearly 5,000 to WBA and I'm sure we'd sell 4,800 easily for the QF.

It is a situation that will happen if a ballot system ever comes into force. .
It has happened to friends of mine who are United fans.
What they used to do until the ticket prices came down to £ 30.00 was not apply for any aways.
So miss 5 at say £ 50.00 a go , £250. saved. Then pick an away say Chelsea, pay a tout £150.00 and have a day out.
And yes I think I've earned my points.

So you've earned your points? That's the argument that utd fans use when talking about success or revenue, and nobody else should be allowed at the top table because they haven' earnt the right.

I
How do i get points back from 76 (Junior Blue Ect) (season ticket holder)- Late father died so had to go alone. First away game on my own was match day special to Birmingham away aged 16. Years going away thinking i was "Part of the lads" - House bought on my own. No longer afford a season ticket. 10 years (may be less) without a season ticket. I am not loyal!!

It's because you haven' gone to Swansea or Sunderland away for or the past 10 years

People are having a go ( or want the rules changed) at fans who amassed points for simply going to away games and supporting their club.
When the biggest culprit is the Club itself who dishes out tickets willy nilly to corporates ( I'm talking Box/Tunnel Club in the main) with no check where they go to.
City in the City where any Tom, Dick or Harry who can't even name a City player and wears his half and half can get a ticket if he has the money.
We know tickets are going to certain agencies who are selling these at inflated prices.
These are not individual tickets, where do they come from ?
It would be easy if the Club wanted to, to buy one ticket from one of these parasite agencies and trace the seller.
Why will they not do that ?
Would they ban a company/person in a Corporate Box who get's 6 tickets for say Barcelona away and pass them on to an agency, not a chance.
Would they ban you or me for passing a ticket on a friend for Barcelona away, dead right they would.
The ticket system is rotten but it starts at the top.

How do i get points back from 76 (Junior Blue Ect) (season ticket holder)- Late father died so had to go alone. First away game on my own was match day special to Birmingham away aged 16. Years going away thinking i was "Part of the lads" - House bought on my own. No longer afford a season ticket. 10 years (may be less) without a season ticket. I am not loyal!!

No one is questioning fans' loyalty but there are probably 50,000 in your boat so it would be disingenuous to suggest you deserve an away ticket for every game with very limited supply with other fans clearly putting in the extra miles and tens of thousands of pounds.

a young lad can't really help that your older and have been able to go for more years, i think they should get a helping hand, otherwise it takes years for them to be able to catch up or go regularly and i think more young people should be able to have a chance of going. we should have it where more city fans get a chance to see us away ( a percentage of tickets go to a ballot), not a closed shop. your still on 18,000+ points and it takes years to amass that and people on high points are still going regularly. so if your starting out, your only hope if guys like yourself stop going or the system changes. its about making the system fairer, right now it isn't.

It is the same for all new fans. It doesn't just affect males of a certain age, and it it pretty daft suggesting only male fans under a certain age should be assisted. I suggested a ten year rolling scheme on here 10 years ago, but then they let under 16s build up points without qualifying and they are given half a chance. The problem now is only about 1/3rd of tickets go to points for high demand games, otherwise there would be no problem with the system. You will never catch up the top 500, but there should always be scope to get in the top 2,000.

The older fans will only qualify for concessions eventually so less scope for the perceived passing on of tickets. The truth is the points system is being eroded away so much that we will all need 'Joe Hart' section tickets to get one in future years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.