Diabetes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Indaparkside, 9 May 2017.

1. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

I am definitely sticking to this and like you plain water hasn't been my favourite drink although I have a bottle of tap water at my side all the time now. This thread might have been the kick up my arse I needed.

2. kiam06

kiam06

Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices and eat nuts and seeds. Keep of the processed foods and Diabetes will be gone in 6 months.

Its all about lifestyle trust me I know.

3. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

I don't eat processed foods never have really mate, but this lifestyle change is going well. I haven't had carbs for a week now and my blood sugar levels are plummeting they have never been better.
    As a side I have an enlarged prostate and I don't know if it's psychosomatic but it's getting better it'll be finger up the jacksie time on my next doctors visit to check this I am well pleased with the results so far.
    My enemy has always been meat because I never really ate any but now I am eating chicken and lamb grilled of course and much more fruit, my body does feel cleaner and less bulky insides and that's just after a week. The advice upthread was to drink lots of water (I had a shacking headache and bouts of nausea) worked wonders. I can't see me giving this up for any reason at all.

4. Gelsons Dad

Gelsons Dad

DO NOT DRINK FRUIT JUICE.

Eat a little fruit. Best is blackberries raspberries or grape fruit. Fruit juice is a sugar bomb. Avoid at all costs.

5. Gelsons Dad

Gelsons Dad

You're a vegan. Stick to your own thread. Anyone advising a type 2 to drink fruit juice needs a slap. Why not tell him to spoon sugar into his mouth as well? It will have the same effect.

6. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

Coffee tea and water mate with NO sugar and water from the tap, I haven't had any fruit juice at all since last Sunday night over a week ago. I have never been a water drinker but have a bottle of it all the time next to me and am getting through 2L a day. The fruit I eat mainly are apples and have 2 a day (Small ones). I heard cinnamon is good for lowering sugar levels is this backed up by evidence?
    Thanks everyone for the advice it's incredibly helpful.

7. BackofJeanette

BackofJeanette

I cut lemons or limes in half and squeeze the juice into a big glass of water. Also I have a berocca type of multi vitamin from Aldi in another big glass. Before you know it youve supped 1 and half litres.
    Sprinkle half a teaspoon of cinnamon over 3 tablespoons full fat Greek yoghurt .

8. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

I will get some Lemons and Grapefruit now I love Greek yoghurt so will try cinnamon on that :)

9. kiam06

kiam06

Look up Dr Fuhrman and The Gerson therapy if you really want a solution. Best of luck.

10. kiam06

kiam06

I feel sad reading this. Drinking fresh press fruit and vegetables with a plant based diet has probably the highest success rate of reversing type 2 diabetes. Look it up.