Diabetes

I have an injury which limits my mobility and I really do eat sensibly no processed foods red meat etc and am not overweight. I know at least 5 other people who are borderline diabetic and diet and exercise would help them enormously. Crappy diets bring baggage your body can't control I agree mate.

Don't fear red meat mate from grass fed cows full of healthy fats and vitamins just chill on the processed meats bacon sausage full of nitrates. Try intermittent fasting 16 hour fast 8 hour eating window this lowers baseline insulin. Look up Dr Jason Fung. If you want more details pm me. I have a lot of person friends who are medical docs including Cardiologists one of them always on sky news and another who did bbc show doctor in the house. I have done massive study and research on Diabetes and Heart disease over the last 2 years and have friends in lipidology.

Don't fear red meat mate from grass fed cows full of healthy fats and vitamins just chill on the processed meats bacon sausage full of nitrates. Try intermittent fasting 16 hour fast 8 hour eating window this lowers baseline insulin. Look up Dr Jason Fung. If you want more details pm me. I have a lot of person friends who are medical docs including Cardiologists one of them always on sky news and another who did bbc show doctor in the house. I have done massive study and research on Diabetes and Heart disease over the last 2 years and have friends in lipidology.

I'm close to being a veggie really will take you up some advice after my next check up mate thanks :)

I'm close to being a veggie really will take you up some advice after my next check up mate thanks :)

Ok mate good luck in the mean time I suggest you search out Dr Jeffrey Gerber, Dr Ted Naiman, bio chem med engineer Ivor Cummins and a website called Dietdoctor superb guys also my pal cardiologist Aseem Malhotra just YouTube them mate.

Ok mate good luck in the mean time I suggest you search out Dr Jeffrey Gerber, Dr Ted Naiman, bio chem med engineer Ivor Cummins and a website called Dietdoctor superb guys also my pal cardiologist Aseem Malhotra just YouTube them mate.

There are so many videos of him which one would be the best to start with?

I will post more details in a couple of weeks time after my 3 month A1C are done. However, I reversed my type 2 in 4 weeks. From a fasting level of 13.4 when first checked on the 26th of April to it's current 14 day average of 5.4. I was on metformin for the first month but in consultation with my endocrinologist stopped taking it mid June.

How did I do it?

Lost approximately 20% body weight. 88kg to 71kg at a rate of 1.5 to 2 kg per week.
Just bin ALL carbs. Intermittent fasting (I did one meal a day and no snacks) and limit calories (I started with a hard 600 but as my exercise increased I went up to 800-1000 per day).

Piece of piss.

Or you can do nothing and keep upping you metformin until it doesn't work then overdose on Insulin injections which WILL make you gain weight until they start amputating limbs.
Your choice.

I will post more details in a couple of weeks time after my 3 month A1C are done. However, I reversed my type 2 in 4 weeks. From a fasting level of 13.4 when first checked on the 26th of April to it's current 14 day average of 5.4. I was on metformin for the first month but in consultation with my endocrinologist stopped taking it mid June.

How did I do it?

Lost approximately 20% body weight. 88kg to 71kg at a rate of 1.5 to 2 kg per week.
Just bin ALL carbs. Intermittent fasting (I did one meal a day and no snacks) and limit calories (I started with a hard 600 but as my exercise increased I went up to 800-1000 per day).

Piece of piss.

Or you can do nothing and keep upping you metformin until it doesn't work then overdose on Insulin injections which WILL make you gain weight until they start amputating limbs.
Your choice.

and a great place to start is this website: https://intensivedietarymanagement.com

and watch this :

How did I do it?

Piece of piss.

Your choice.

That's the Newcastle diet mate isn't it? This diet regime didn't work for everyone in the trials, it worked for you which is great but it wont work for everyone. Going on a 600 calorie diet and losing so much weight so quickly can't be healthy in itself and without the advice of your doctor depending on how far the diabetes is that would have to be tailored.

Just as a point of reference how long had you had diabetes and were you on Metformin and insulin injections?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.