Diarra to Real Madrid

- Joe

Fuck: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4653242,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 42,00.html</a>

Madrid close on Diarra deal
Real to seal move for Portsmouth star

Last updated: 16th December 2008

Diarra: Madrid-bound

Real Madrid are set to seal a deal for Portsmouth midfielder Lassana Diarra, according to Spanish sources.

Skysports.com revealed on Monday that the Spanish champions were ready to move for Diarra - who was being lined up by Premier League outfits Manchester City and Tottenham.

But now Juande Ramos looks set to step in and land the 23-year-old former Arsenal and Chelsea star.

"The big players are already in the Champions League and cannot be signed," Ramos is quoted as saying.

"If the players do not have the quality, then we will miss them - the players have to be worth it."

And on Diarra he added: "He is a player I know well, and I would like a player like Diarra here."

It is claimed that Real will pay £9million for Diarra and they hope to announce his signing in the next 48 hours.

Diarra is being brought in after his namesake, but not relation, Mahamadou Diarra was ruled out for the rest of the season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?id=123&titulo=Real%20Madrid%20closing%20in%20on%20Portsmouths%20Diarra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://guillembalague.com/rumores_desp. ... s%20Diarra</a>

Real Madrid closing in on Portsmouths Diarra

As reported on the site last week, Lassana Diarra has emerged as a transfer target for Real Madrid. Since we revealed that the Portsmouth midfielder was a potential target for the Spanish champions, the La Liga side have moved quickly to convert their interest in to action and they are now close to agreeing a deal for the 23 year old French midfielder of Malian descent.

The fee for Diarra is likely to be in the region of between €15 - 20 million and Madrid are hoping to be seal the deal in the next few days, but the former Chelsea and Arsenal midfielder’s wage demands are proving to be an obstacle. With the value of sterling reaching parity with the euro, it has suddenly become much easier for European clubs to compete with English transfer fees, but the Premier league’s relative salaries will continue to be relatively inflated and will still play a significant role in negotiations.

Madrid’s need for defensive cover in midfield has been made all the more urgent following confirmation that Mahamadou Diarra will be sidelined for around nine months after undergoing surgery on his right knee last week, and fellow midfielder Ruben de la Red has been ruled out for the remainder of the season.

Lassana Diarra, who can also play at right back will also provide Juande Ramos with additional cover for the defence: an area that the former Spurs coach has identified as being in urgent need of attention at his new club.

One player who we really needed and was a reportedly a 'certainty'. Money or not we can't compete with Real Madrid for players.

wtf is goin on, fuck sake.

bet hughes has given robbie blasted savage a call

Benarbia said:
And so begins the winter of disappointment

Well the club are certainly trying to put a cap on expectations.

The Bentley talk interests me though. I would be much happier signing Santa Cruz if we were bringing Bentley in with him as that gives us back a genuine wide man and (wide boy but) its exactly what we need.

I wont be dissapointed in losing out on Diarra if by some miracle we can sign Cambiasso.

I don't think it's true, madrid dont have 20m to buy a back up mid just to play 2nd half of the season.

They are just linking players Ramos wanted at spurs.

If he goes to Madrid then wtf is M Hughes playing at?

This should have been wrapped up long ago. He was a prem player who was perfect for our midfield.

Real have the right idea, this will be 2 top signings done and dusted before the window even opens

If he goes to Real I hope the reason is that we've told the guy no thanks as we just completed a deal for some one better

According to Sky they are a long way apart on wages, Diarra doesn't strike me as someone willing to compromise too much on that. So it doesn't look good, but not a lost cause just yet.

moomba said:
According to Sky they are a long way apart on wages, Diarra doesn't strike me as someone willing to compromise too much on that. So it doesn't look good, but not a lost cause just yet.

He's not in the bracket of player i'd want to see come to us simply because we offered more money... He's nowhere near that standard yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.