DIG! Essential viewing for anyone in a band

Knight1979

....or anyone who was or has tried to be in a band. If you have seen it, you know how good it is. DIG! was a documentary released about 4 or 5 years ago and documents the rediculous though somtimes good "Brian Jonestown Massacre" and the very wanky (IMO) "Dandy Warhols". I could go into details, but let me just say........its one of the funniest, abusurd and entertaining documentaries ever.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84oiQJ1N9To The trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9admQrK9Bzs the BJM blow it for the big label

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVOTNNGihtA&feature=related the BJM fights amongst themselves onstage

I'm a big BJM fan Knight!

Seen them live a few times. Anton is a dick but he's a hell of a song writer at times!

Nothing quite like a fat spliff and a blast of BJM to really take you there :)

TheMightyQuinn said:
I'm a big BJM fan Knight!

Seen them live a few times. Anton is a dick but he's a hell of a song writer at times!

Nothing quite like a fat spliff and a blast of BJM to really take you there :)

Have you seen this then?....like I said ESSENTIAL VIEWING if you haven't....I saw him at SXSW and he didn't say or sing a godamn thing he just jammed with a local Austin band......you never know what your going to get with that guy, except for a fight you always know you'll get that!

Yeah I've seen it a few times, great viewing lol :)

The 1st time I saw them he was in fine form, chatty, played all the better songs (he has like 2million songs doesnt he?) and was generally fairly proffesional. 2nd time he spent the entire night slagging off the English in an attempt to get some drama going or something, I'm not sure. 3rd time he claimed he was ill and spent most of the gig in a poncho playing the same chord over and over and over and telling anyone who requested a certain tune to 'fuck off'.

A mate of mine met him before a gig in Leeds a few years back, said he was really nice and interested to hear other peoples bands etc but also he was quite fiery and liable to explode at any second.

Anyway Joel is my favourite lol what an amazing job he has! He's the American Bez!

Anyway Joel is my favourite lol what an amazing job he has! He's the American Bez!

LOL! Yup, right on the money there.

When I saw him his band was all set up and ready to go, Anton walked onstage about an hour late. Where was he? He was across from me at the bar getting shitfaced, no shirt on and sweating like a pig. He talked shit to the other musicians, the audience the security, everybody. It was a big let down that got very old. I would have liked to have seen him play something, anything! Cool you got to see him in good form.

I think he's trapped now though and maybe feels like he needs to be a prick cos that's what people came to see. Like, it'd be kinda weird if you went to see BJM and he just came on, played the hits and a few fan faves, told a few jokes then left. People would be gutted lol they want him to kick someone in the face, collapse, anything but play the songs! It's a weird one really.

On a smaller scale it reminds me of the later days of the Libertines, people would be visibly/audibly gutted if Pete turned up looking fresh and ready to rock, they wanted him to crawl on stage puking before being rushed off in an ambulance.

Ambulance chasers!

Yea I think I pretty much agree with what your saying. He slags off DIG! but it did wonders for him and has allowed him to fart around the world on tour and not live in a sewer. Would have killed to see the Libertines. Very cool your pals with them.

Knight1979 said:
Yea I think I pretty much agree with what your saying. He slags off DIG! but it did wonders for him and has allowed him to fart around the world on tour and not live in a sewer. Would have killed to see the Libertines. Very cool your pals with them.

To be honest Dig was my introduction to BJM, never heard of them prior to it although I've always been partial to the Dandys!

I wouldnt say I was pals with the Libs, at one point maybe but it isnt like we're still in contact or anything. I'm glad I knew them though as had some great times and at the time it felt like something major was happening which was pretty exciting to be around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.