Dilemma RE: new 80 GB Ps3

Doctor Congo said:
Pearcey said:
Bigga said:
Pearcey said:
Ancoats_Blue said:
Doesn't happen often I've never had it, and I've got my xbox flashed

I know loads of people who've had it... one of my mates is on his 4th Xbox.

Doesn't that depend on if they're playing it 14 hrs a day...?

lol. It shouldn't matter... but yeah, I reckon he's on it a fair bit.
1 in 3 failure rate, not good even for a product rushed to market, totally shit for a product thats been around for 2 or 3 years.

Yeah, but, same as any product that doesn't fix itself, if you're constantly wearing it down, it'll fook up. Same as if you constantly charge your phone and not allowing it break. Same as if yopu leave thr TV on 24 hrs a day, you'll burn the tube out.

Get a life, console freaks, get some fresh air and play it for leisure, not a life replacement!

Bigga said:
Doctor Congo said:
Pearcey said:
Bigga said:
Pearcey said:
Ancoats_Blue said:

1 in 3 failure rate, not good even for a product rushed to market, totally shit for a product thats been around for 2 or 3 years.

Yeah, but, same as any product that doesn't fix itself, if you're constantly wearing it down, it'll fook up. Same as if you constantly charge your phone and not allowing it break. Same as if yopu leave thr TV on 24 hrs a day, you'll burn the tube out.

Get a life, console freaks, get some fresh air and play it for leisure, not a life replacement!
So where do you go to watch all these movie and TV shows Scotty?!

I'd get the PS3 80GB as the PS3 Network has a lot of games to buy on it and there will soon be things like Home and movie downloads. You can get Metal Gear for £30 on certain sites now or try Ebay for a bargain.

BTâ„¢ said:
So where do you go to watch all these movie and TV shows Scotty?!

As you know, computers are a little more 'user friendly' as has been proved over the years and the various companies producing the said items. Anyway, I don't sit on the computer 14 hrs a day. I watch my films late at night, mostly and when I get time at weekends, in the afternoon or evening.

Bigga said:
Doctor Congo said:
Pearcey said:
Bigga said:
Pearcey said:
Ancoats_Blue said:

Bollocks. I've spent most of my working life in electronics design and manufacture, a 30% failure rate would not be acceptable for any company I've ever worked for, customers simply wouldn't tolerate it. Incedentally PS3, like most consumer electronics, has failures in less than 1% of units sold.

Doctor Congo said:
Bollocks. I've spent most of my working life in electronics design and manufacture, a 30% failure rate would not be acceptable for any company I've ever worked for, customers simply wouldn't tolerate it. Incedentally PS3, like most consumer electronics, has failures in less than 1% of units sold.

Did I say it was a perfect machine? I'm on about why you would need to play a console so much so often. But, please, be my guest and prove an experiment for me. Constantly charge your phone every night for a year and I reckon the life of your battery'll start halving. And not long after that, it'll go kaput. It's the same with machines, depending on the parts in them.

If that's not classed as wear and tear, I'll never know what is.

Bigga said:
Doctor Congo said:

Did I say it was a perfect machine? I'm on about why you would need to play a console so much so often. But, please, be my guest and prove an experiment for me. Constantly charge your phone every night for a year and I reckon the life of your battery'll start halving. And not long after that, it'll go kaput. It's the same with machines, depending on the parts in them.

If that's not classed as wear and tear, I'll never know what is.
The difference being, the spec of a mobile phone battery will tell you in clear and simple terms that if charged in the cycles you mention it's life will be drastically reduced - its the nature of their chemistry. As far as I'm aware (and I haven't checked) Microsoft don't put a daily usage limit on their consoles so it would be reasonable to expect them to perform as well Nintendo's and Sony's gear, they don't. Poor engineering, as opposed to normal wear and tear.

Bigga said:
A fair point.

Question, though. Since the Xbox is just an adapted computer, would you that it falls under the same wear and tear having a personal computer on, 14 hrs a day, produces?
Yes, although I leave my very cheaply assembled 5 year old pc switched on 24/7 with no problems.

Why do some gamers feel the need to play their consoles 14 hours a day? I've no idea why, but the fact is that some gamers do feel the need to do that. Microsoft know as much so they should design and build their boxes to cope with the demands of the market they serve, as do their competitors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.