Dimitri Payet

Status
Not open for further replies.
We work on our targets for months so i doubt we will just go for him out of the blue,could be a 1 season wonder for all we know and the spam don't have to sell

What's the crack with Payet? He has looked class for large parts of the season and his performance and goal for France was excellent, but before he'd come to over to West Ham, I'd only ever heard his name mentioned in small little transfer mummerings, but never to what you'd class as the real big clubs! Was he a late developer, or a guy who had a bad attitude? You don't suddenly become that good at 28/29!

He was one of those immensely talented attacking players who lacked the work ethic to be at the top level, partied a lot, didn't put in the hard yards in training, got in fights with teammates etc.

Then Marseilles hired Marcelo Bielsa - manager famous for making his teams work insanely hard non-stop, demanding 100% commitment and Payet bought into it and started fulfilling his potential. Pochettino is a "disciple" of Bielsa's, as is Simeone, so that's the kind of manager he is, and Payet was the major revelation as Marseilles did amazingly well in the league, being 1st for a long time before running out of steam in the last few months and slipping down the table.

Then Bielsa left, Marseilles looked to sell Payet for big money, but ran into financial difficulty and they accepted a lowball offer from West Ham that was previously rejected.

He was one of those immensely talented attacking players who lacked the work ethic to be at the top level, partied a lot, didn't put in the hard yards in training, got in fights with teammates etc.

Then Marseilles hired Marcelo Bielsa - manager famous for making his teams work insanely hard non-stop, demanding 100% commitment and Payet bought into it and started fulfilling his potential. Pochettino is a "disciple" of Bielsa's, as is Simeone, so that's the kind of manager he is, and Payet was the major revelation as Marseilles did amazingly well in the league, being 1st for a long time before running out of steam in the last few months and slipping down the table.

Then Bielsa left, Marseilles looked to sell Payet for big money, but ran into financial difficulty and they accepted a lowball offer from West Ham that was previously rejected.

Cheers.

Great player, but by the sounds of it his first few professional years were wasted. No disrespect to West Ham, actually if anything they played a blinder in getting him, but I don't think he'd look out of place playing for one of the big Spanish Clubs.

I cant see there being any truth in this,West Ham would want 40m and Pep doesnt seem the 'flavour of the month' type.
Then, they'll be dumb. No way they should let him go for less than 60. Why? Because they shouldn't want to let him go. He is their talismanic gem. He might be the foundation that propels them to Champs league. Where they'll make a lot more than 40m if they did. Fuk 40, I wouldn't consider anything less than 50 if I was the director of football there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.