Discrimination for refusing to bake a cake?

In a similar vein, what would happen if a Christian asked a Halal Butcher to source and sell some pork sausages?
He'd presumably direct the christian to another shop that sold them, just as he would direct him to screwfix if he wanted a packet of wood screws.

This cake story really takes the biscuit. The quicker this thread descends into an orgy of excruciating cake related puns the better.

I think it's unfair on the bakers. They may be out of step with the general political thinking of the age, but they seem decent people, and hold no animosity towards the customer. It's just that what they were asked to do is out of step with their deeply held christian beliefs. I am no christian, but I support the right to hold their views. It seems like they are being bullied by the law for holding a minority view. Just like gays once were.

To be fair, some folk would have taken the money and spat in the cake mix. Whatever you think about their morals, you have to credit the bakers' integrity in standing by them.

I completely disagree with the bakers' stance but I fully support them in their right to have that stance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.