Discrimination for refusing to bake a cake?

Cakes are. I doubt a halal butcher would have a supplier for pork.
Business opportunity missed there, poor analogy though I far better one would have been dropping in the Halal cake maker and saying could you pop me Allah the sky fairy's a bit of a bad egg or would be if he existed on Nick Griffin's birthday cake please would court action be appropriate if he refused.

Business opportunity missed there, poor analogy though I far better one would have been dropping in the Halal cake maker and saying could you pop me Allah the sky fairy's a bit of a bad egg or would be if he existed on Nick Griffin's birthday cake please would court action be appropriate if he refused.
Not sure on that one, courts discretion.

I think it's unfair on the bakers. They may be out of step with the general political thinking of the age, but they seem decent people, and hold no animosity towards the customer. It's just that what they were asked to do is out of step with their deeply held christian beliefs. I am no christian, but I support the right to hold their views. It seems like they are being bullied by the law for holding a minority view. Just like gays once were.

Not that deeply held. They believe in a line from a book in the old testament, yet they can be clearly seen wearing two different pieces of cloth at the same time which is forbidden in the same exact book, the heathen bastards!

Not that deeply held. They believe in a line from a book in the old testament, yet they can be clearly seen wearing two different pieces of cloth at the same time which is forbidden in the same exact book, the heathen bastards!
They don't believe homosexuality is acceptable after smoking a sufficient quantity of marijuana either.

Now, if they had a bake an offensive cake round on Bake Off the viewing figures would go through the roof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.