Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini

bobmcfc said:
I think the post I wrote above was actually reasonable and without "panty wetting" . Are you genuinely enjoying city right now ? You did say you were concerned at least. We look clueless and without direction and guidance. If you can honestly say you have zero reservations about our manager then fair enough but perhaps first second third and fourth impressions are actually bang on the money.

Clueless? Without direction and guidance? Like I said, panty wetting nonsense. Teams who are clueless and play without direction and guidance don't only concede one goal in four games. They don't pick up 7 points from 12. They don't score four goals at home, two away, and then two at home again.

With respect, you need to relax and let the league take shape. Yes, I've been concerned by performances. Concerned enough to start thinking the manager is clueless or out of his depth? Fuck no ...

bobmcfc said:
BillyShears

For someone who was very vocal in his disappointment in Mark Hughes and eagerness to see a change in management because let's face it, he was shite and the writing was on the wall.

Mid December 2009 Mancini came to this club with no preseason, much less of star studded squad and the changes he implemented we noticed immediately. Yes you were less than impressed four weeks later with the "Italian way" as you put it but he had made a vast refreshing, noticeable difference for the better and I think had produced 5/6 wins ?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509</a>

This isn't promoting the return of Mancini because lord knows that wont happen but we fast forward to now and can we say our performances have drastically improved or gotten worse ? We have injuries but I think we did back then, We also have better players. I'm worried we fixed the wrong part. I can move on from Mancini but please don't tell me that this is how it should be and I shouldn't worry. How we are performing is far, far from ok. If its ok with you to be underwhelmed 4 weeks into mancinis tenure then I think I'm ok having a little wobble too

If Pellegrini won 5/6 he would be hailed as the second coming by the cabal some of whom weren't happy with Mancini's 75% win record early on in his reign.

Marvin said:
deano ou812 said:
Marvin said:
Really? What more do you want? Two sendings off before you acknowledge the problems the team face
No,but pellegrini rattled out tired players and injuries its the same old chestnut from managers when they know fine rightly their team has played shit...
But those problems were real. Kompany and his stand in plus Richards out plus Clichy, plus Silva plus Aguero out (due to game in South America) those are problems

You can handle 2 or 3 changes. We had to make 6 on an already weakened team that played at home to Hull
I understand that,so does that excuse the performance injuries force your hand at times but we should be equipped to deal with situations like this,its the same for all the teams..lets just hope that pellegrini after watching yesterdays match doesn't kneejerk and rush back kompany/silva and so on if not fully fit...

BillyShears said:
I think you're bang on about pressure the top managers face. It's the same for Moyes, Pellegrini, Wenger, Mourinho, AVB, even Rodgers.
And so far MP isn't getting any from the media yet, just a few on here. Out of the others you mention AVB has a harder task for me, he has to integrate a lot more, Moyes probably the easiest, as they are all the medias favourites anyway, and they're probably still worried about the bark lurking behind the scenes.

There is no reason why we can't discuss our failings so far on a thread like this, we certainly have some. Like you, I don't understand what it is exactly that we are trying to do at the moment, between 2 stools seems very apt to where we are, but if we can sneak a win in midweek, and then next weekend we'll be a lot further on, no matter how we actually play.

I just hope we tighten midfield up, as this is where we are struggling, and there doesn't appear to be an obvious plan, because we're too slow getting from back to front, something that hasn't changed at all so far.

gelly said:
bobmcfc said:
BillyShears

For someone who was very vocal in his disappointment in Mark Hughes and eagerness to see a change in management because let's face it, he was shite and the writing was on the wall.

Mid December 2009 Mancini came to this club with no preseason, much less of star studded squad and the changes he implemented we noticed immediately. Yes you were less than impressed four weeks later with the "Italian way" as you put it but he had made a vast refreshing, noticeable difference for the better and I think had produced 5/6 wins ?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509</a>

This isn't promoting the return of Mancini because lord knows that wont happen but we fast forward to now and can we say our performances have drastically improved or gotten worse ? We have injuries but I think we did back then, We also have better players. I'm worried we fixed the wrong part. I can move on from Mancini but please don't tell me that this is how it should be and I shouldn't worry. How we are performing is far, far from ok. If its ok with you to be underwhelmed 4 weeks into mancinis tenure then I think I'm ok having a little wobble too

If Pellegrini won 5/6 he would be hailed as the second coming by the cabal some of whom weren't happy with Mancini's 75% win record early on in his reign.

I think there was a huge weight off when Mancini came in to replace Hughes. We knew the guy we brought in was far superior because it showed on the pitch with the tactics and decision making.

bobmcfc said:
I think there was a huge weight off when Mancini came in to replace Hughes. We knew the guy we brought in was far superior because it showed on the pitch with the tactics and decision making.

That was never going to be the case with Pellegrini. He was on to a loser from the moment he was linked with the job. Surely even you can acknowledge that.

BillyShears said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BillyShears said:
Mancini sacked the medical staff who were largely responsible for keeping our players fit and injury free during our title winning season.

These are the medical staff who put Aguero out with burnt skin aren't they?

Aguero had an allergic reaction to a spray which is commonly used. Maybe it was their fault that Balotelli had an allergic reaction to grass too!

Still a stain on keeping us injury free wasn't it. It's also fair to point out that Kompany was out injured for a spell that season too as were other players. Key players were out last season as well. Key players are out every season at every club, but it isn't considered much of an excuse for poor performances.

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

That was never going to be the case with Pellegrini. He was on to a loser from the moment he was linked with the job. Surely even you can acknowledge that.

Mancini had to raise the drawbridge with the press from minute one. MP received a great reception from everyone including the media

cleavers said:
2 stools seems very apt to where we are

Bang on again Cleavers. Not sure how much of it is to do with the injury to Kompany and the knock on effect that has had to our style, but I would suggest it's played a large part.

Txiki fucked up in the summer not buying a centre half quicker - but then we couldn't have predicted the injury situation.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:34 pm --<br /><br />
bobmcfc said:
Mancini had to raise the drawbridge with the press from minute one. MP received a great reception from everyone including the media

You've ignored the point I was making. When you've got supporters chanting "you can stick your Pellegrini up your arse" at the FA Cup Final then the guy was on to a loser with the supporters before he'd even gotten the job. The fact you won't acknowledge that speaks volumes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.