Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
will the return of silvs sldo help????

gk

back four

navas silva ferd yya nasri

kun

not in that formation and you could swap navas for milner or nasri (though he has been playing very well and doesnt deserve dropping...plus when jovetic is fit he can play in the hole behind the main striker....maybe this would allow amore solid formation in midfiedl without stopping our attacking flow????

I think that's the best lineup/formation for tougher games. I'd play Nasri central and Silva from the left and Navas from the right.

so why isnt the manager doing it?

ok he has had injuries but he could use other players in the same formation

he was brought in and we were partly sold on him becuase of his tactical nouse..........he must be able to see it but why isnt he changing it, especially as it is regularly failing!!!!!!!!!

simon23 said:
BillyShears said:
simon23 said:

gk

back four

kun

not in that formation and you could swap navas for milner or nasri (though he has been playing very well and doesnt deserve dropping...plus when jovetic is fit he can play in the hole behind the main striker....maybe this would allow amore solid formation in midfiedl without stopping our attacking flow????

I think that's the best lineup/formation for tougher games. I'd play Nasri central and Silva from the left and Navas from the right.

he was brought in and we were partly sold on him becuase of his tactical nouse..........he must be able to see it but why isnt he changing it, especially as it is regularly failing!!!!!!!!!

Because of injuries to so many players. I think that's patently obvious.

simon23 said:
BillyShears said:
simon23 said:

gk

back four

kun

He might now silva is fit.

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
BillyShears said:

Because of injuries to so many players. I think that's patently obvious.

i said even taking into account injuries he could still use that formation in certain games

gk

back 4

navas yaya garcia ferd nasri

kun

or milner in the 5 man midfield

this is taking into account players that have been regualrly available in the last few wks so he could have done it....rodwell is also seemingly fit enough for the bench one game so unless he picked up a knock in training (no reports of it though) he could have played him in the 5 man midfield as well.....

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:

gk

back four

kun

Jovetic for Navas and Nasri in the middle. As an option.

Jovetic, nasri and Silva could rotate positions and form up as wide or narrow as circumstances reqire.

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:

gk

back four

kun

When Jovetic comes back I'd put him on the left of the 3 with Nasri central and Silva off the right. More fliexibility if we need to go two up top.

BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:
Skashion said:
Translation: I can't argue because the facts are against me. Txiki and Soriano have set trophy targets and that is a fact I cannot escape.
No I think Billy is right in what he's saying. The owners want exciting football and to win trophies but they believe the first is more important. I don't know their reasoning but it is that way around.
It's glaringly apparent mate. Not sure why anyone would try and argue the contrary - particularly after the owners appointed Pellegrini, Txiki, and Ferran.
They could've taken Mourinho for trophies. Hell Benitez would've been a sure fire bet to win things with our squad. Why Pellegrini? Because the style comes first.
You're all actually agreeing that style is a necessary but not a sufficient condition of continuing success. Twenty minutes per game of the good stuff and a sprinkling of the brutalities will see us through.

OB1 said:
Blue life said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
If you'd spent more than 5 minutes on this site you'd know that I'm a fairly staunch supporter of Pellegrini. Clearly then you haven't and you don't. Next clever dick please!

Opinions are like arseeholes, we all have one

In my opinion then if you are behind MP your seeking attention. you are quite clearly a nervous wreck

Ha, ha, ha. He is a worrier.

Exeter Blue wrote a thoughtful and well considered post, one which I wholeheartedly agreed with. It is not acceptable that a two bit moron can retort with throwaway jibes and insults as per;

Blue life said:
Just got home from St Mary's. Desperately disappointing stuff. Not as bad as last year, but not far off, as we again failed to cope with quick tenacious opponents pressing us high up the pitch. Sadly Pellegrini was every bit as culpable as Mancini with his formation. You cannot set up against half decent, mobile, opponents like Southampton with a 4 man midfield and especially not when one of them is a stroller like Toure. Bar an excellent opening 15 - 20 minute period, we were completely overrun in midfield, and worsted in every 50:50 tackle by a team who engineered space by the expedient means of sprinting at our unprotected back 4 again and again and again. I'm a Pellegrini fan, but he made the same mistake against Munich and took 45 minutes to rectify the same error against Swansea recently. When we play teams who favour a good passing game and opt for a 5 man midfield (or 4 plus a deep lying forward), we have to match them numerically, and especially on our travels. The only time we have done so however is away at Chelsea, which barring Hart's aberration, worked very effectively.
The hope that the Beast would give us an outlet sadly lacking last season when Dzeko repeatedly miscontrolled the ball straight back into Southampton hands, proved a vain one. He was barely in the game, lacked midfield support and it was no surprise when he was eventually hoicked.
Nasri and Aguero earned their corn, but Negredo, Ya Ya and Milner were all ineffective, when what we needed was big performances. All got deservedly taken off.
Very lucky to get a point
Well here we go!
Lets get rid off MP ams put you in charge ! Wow another fifa14 and computer manager! Jesus you need to come back to the real earth soon

I thought this was a place for discussion and debate?

I recognise the irony in calling Blue Life a two bit moron, but when all you can contribute is such a mindless comment in response to a thoughtful and considered one, then what else are you?

Really frustrates me. This is a place for discussion and debate, when people are contributing in that manner, it isn't acceptable for someone to drag the thread into the abyss if they're incapable of articulating their disagreement.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
OB1 said:
Blue life said:
Opinions are like arseeholes, we all have one

In my opinion then if you are behind MP your seeking attention. you are quite clearly a nervous wreck

Exeter Blue wrote a thoughtful and well considered post, one which I wholeheartedly agreed with. It is not acceptable that a two bit moron can retort with throwaway jibes and insults as per;

Blue life said:
Just got home from St Mary's. Desperately disappointing stuff. Not as bad as last year, but not far off, as we again failed to cope with quick tenacious opponents pressing us high up the pitch. Sadly Pellegrini was every bit as culpable as Mancini with his formation. You cannot set up against half decent, mobile, opponents like Southampton with a 4 man midfield and especially not when one of them is a stroller like Toure. Bar an excellent opening 15 - 20 minute period, we were completely overrun in midfield, and worsted in every 50:50 tackle by a team who engineered space by the expedient means of sprinting at our unprotected back 4 again and again and again. I'm a Pellegrini fan, but he made the same mistake against Munich and took 45 minutes to rectify the same error against Swansea recently. When we play teams who favour a good passing game and opt for a 5 man midfield (or 4 plus a deep lying forward), we have to match them numerically, and especially on our travels. The only time we have done so however is away at Chelsea, which barring Hart's aberration, worked very effectively.
The hope that the Beast would give us an outlet sadly lacking last season when Dzeko repeatedly miscontrolled the ball straight back into Southampton hands, proved a vain one. He was barely in the game, lacked midfield support and it was no surprise when he was eventually hoicked.
Nasri and Aguero earned their corn, but Negredo, Ya Ya and Milner were all ineffective, when what we needed was big performances. All got deservedly taken off.
Very lucky to get a point
Well here we go!
Lets get rid off MP ams put you in charge ! Wow another fifa14 and computer manager! Jesus you need to come back to the real earth soon

I recognise the irony in calling Blue Life a two bit moron, but when all you can contribute is such a mindless comment in response to a thoughtful and considered one, then what else are you?

Really frustrates me. This is a place for discussion and debate, when people are contributing in that manner, it isn't acceptable for someone to drag the thread into the abyss if they're incapable of articulating their disagreement.

Listen up. The only one being moronic is you. If you had the remotest observational ability, you might know that I know Exeter, indeed we exchanged views in person at the game yesterday. And I can assure you that he is the first to admit to being a worrier and would have taken my light hearted quip in the spirit that it was intended. Anyone who has spent any time in this thread knows that I hold my friends views in high regard so why don't you mind your own business.

OB1 said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
OB1 said:

Blue life said:
Well here we go!

Listen up. The only one being moronic is you. If you had the remotest observational ability, you might know that I know Exeter, indeed we exchanged views in person at the game yesterday. And I can assure you that he is the first to admit to being a worrier and would have taken my light hearted quip in the spirit that it was intended. Anyone who has spent any time in this thread knows that I hold my friends views in high regard so why don't you mind your own business.

Sorry, I took your comment as a lighthearted response to someone dismissing a good post with a few insults, thereby not discouraging such posts. I missed the fact that you know EB personally, and in that context your response makes sense.

My ire was largely reserved for Blue Life. Surely you see my point in that respect?

No need to take my comment so personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.