Discuss Pellegrini

Marvin said:
Anything can happen in one or two games or even seconds that can turn a game of football on its head eg - ricochets, refereeing error etc. Don't pin

I have faith in the players. Whatever happens in the next 2 games, we will be OK.

I know we weren't great at Stoke, and we conceded a couple of good chances. But Garcia, Nasty, Joe and the full-backs did not crumble and that should give us hope. A bit of luck has come our way. Let's make the most of it now

Utd were rubbish this time last season and in hindsight those points they garnered when missing Vidic and Ferdinand? gave them the foundation to win the title. We've had our worst 3 games I can remember in 3 seasons but we are 4th, and the damage has not been done.

our worst 3 games have been based around the fact that our strengths in previous seasons (solidiity in defence - missing kompany is an issue) has gone (but that shodl have been rectified over the transfer windon and not a last minute panick buy in demichellis) and our ability to dominate a midfield and keep possession has also gone (and that is down to bad tactics and team formation which can only be levelled at the manager.....

the defensive situation will half sort its self out with the return of Kompany (but what happens next time....is dimechellis good enough????????)

only the manager can change his tactics and he hasnt done so far 2 games after getting dominated by cardiff in midfield - he made the same tactical errors with the midfield and we got run off the park at times vs hull (at home!!!!!!) and yesterday vs stoke away (by a manager on here who most derride and laugh at!!!!!).....that says to me in the short term he didnt learn a thing

All you ITK'ers: any truth in the the tittle-tattle that Pellers under estimated the job in hand and fancies a quick return to Spain?

Chippy_boy said:
I think you massively over-simplify the required skills of a good manager. And do you really think Baconface got his teams playing full on for 90 minutes by being a friendly old duffer? But even SAF was not all fire and brimstone - it's well documented that he had to tone it down for the Brazilians who would get all upset if (when) he gave them the hairdryer.

Probably the biggest disservice which is currently being done to Pellegrini are the snide comments about him being a "yes" man, and the characterisation of him as some dithering old fool who'll let the players walk all over him. Shows a staggering lack of knowledge about his career as a manager and the teams/situations/players he's handled.

Where would we be now if Kompany had not overstretched for that ball on the touchline at home to Newcastle?

I bet we'd be unbeaten and in very good heart indeed

We can say this and that, change our minds a 100 times on what we're doing right and wrong, but the manager has the tools to do his job. All we can do that is constructive is objectively consider where we're going considering all the problems we have had to deal with, support the team and enjoy what can be a great season for the club

I'm looking forward to Plzen, the other Champions League games. I've got my tickets for the Derby and WIgan. Bring it all on.

Feeling a damn sight better knowing that the Captain is ready
feeling great and ready to give it my all again. Rooting for @MCFC

BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
I think you massively over-simplify the required skills of a good manager. And do you really think Baconface got his teams playing full on for 90 minutes by being a friendly old duffer? But even SAF was not all fire and brimstone - it's well documented that he had to tone it down for the Brazilians who would get all upset if (when) he gave them the hairdryer.

Probably the biggest disservice which is currently being done to Pellegrini are the snide comments about him being a "yes" man, and the characterisation of him as some dithering old fool who'll let the players walk all over him. Shows a staggering lack of knowledge about his career as a manager and the teams/situations/players he's handled.

I don't doubt it.

strongbowholic said:
All you ITK'ers: any truth in the the tittle-tattle that Pellers under estimated the job in hand and fancies a quick return to Spain?

where has that come from???????????????????????

I totally agree that ya ya influences the rest of the team and while he makes himself available to receive a ball it never seems to be in a position that presents attacking football but sideways and backwards wheres the ya ya of the past with his dominating presence and the big game goals. Where is this new attacking force pelegrine stated that we would play because so far this season we have played inferior sides who would be regarded as bottom half contenders and struggled in everyone. I would never knock a city player but so far I am totally baffled.

simon23 said:
strongbowholic said:

where has that come from???????????????????????

I would suggest the over active imagination of a pissed up Blue dreaming of a quick return for Mancini.

strongbowholic said:

What a bizarre question. Why the hell would he have under estimated the job?

Good God.

Chippy_boy said:
I keep hearing that the next 2 games are crucial. I expect us to lose both I am afraid.

But that will not be the disaster many on here will be claiming it is. Merely a setback along the way.

The next 2 are crucial because we can't really afford to lose, certainly not both of them. We simply have to qualify from this CL group, losing on Tuesday already makes it tough with us playing Bayern twice.

If them lot turn us over next Sunday you genuinely start to worry as they have looked poor and have a new manager too.

I can see why your concerned though mate, if we play as bad as we have last two games there is every chance we'll lose, so we simply have to come good, and be soon about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.