Discussion about money in football sickens me

Could not care less. We live in a globalised capitalist society and football is the most popular sport so will of course have lots of money.

Looks like another 52m-57m spent for Mendy (Heard different amounts pending source).

Then 30m-33m for Danilo.

Not sure how everyone feels about it but I'm extremely excited to have both of them.

We just get better and better. Pep got his defence. Still looking to get a couple more from what I gather.

Looks more likely that PSG is gonna sign Neymar and Sanchez may not be far behind. Neymar is a huge contract but it is doable for them if they want to make it happen and Barcelona let's him go.

I'd still like to think we have a chance at Sanchez but of not we're still in great shape.

It's not just the Primier League spending big. Everyone is getting in on it and to compete in the Champions League we've got to spend.

I hate the spending, but I am older generation so maybe it is normal nowadays but I dont like seeing my club being called what it is because of spending... I hate it, City are much more than that but this spending has reduced us to a laughing stock if we dont win anything. We better win something major.

Once we have won something I expect option two to kick in, we start bringing the youth players through and we start to grow a team which includes mancs born and bred the city way

I hate the spending, but I am older generation so maybe it is normal nowadays but I dont like seeing my club being called what it is because of spending... I hate it, City are much more than that but this spending has reduced us to a laughing stock if we dont win anything. We better win something major.

Once we have won something I expect option two to kick in, we start bringing the youth players through and we start to grow a team which includes mancs born and bred the city way

I love the spending and I am older generation but it is normal nowadays so I dont care what anyone is calling us because of spending... I love it!

Option two will happen with a few coming through from the academy but there will not be many mancs born and bred. The level required is so high you have to search the world.

Respectfully, maybe its time for you to follow Stockport, Oldham or Bury then.

I've watched 30 odd years of absolute abject dross before the takeover, never in my wildest dreams did I think we would win even a league cup. On the verge of bankruptcy losing at home the likes of Bury and Macclesfield while the rags won everything, that was being a laughing stock....seems like some fans want that back so long a we can play the youth lads.

Heard a reporter on talksport today talking about how he had created an algorithm for calculating how well a manager is doing based on transfer fees, squad size, age. etc... think he was an Arsenal fan. He had absolutely no connection to any football fan I have ever met. We don't give a shit about these things.

Don't care about kids at the moment. I want several years of winning the league. I want to look back on a period of dominance. We've hugely underachieved since 2008, we haven't competed for the title for a few years now. Option 2 would be great once our trophies start piling up.

Looks like another 52m-57m spent for Mendy (Heard different amounts pending source).

Then 30m-33m for Danilo.

Not sure how everyone feels about it but I'm extremely excited to have both of them.

We just get better and better. Pep got his defence. Still looking to get a couple more from what I gather.

Looks more likely that PSG is gonna sign Neymar and Sanchez may not be far behind. Neymar is a huge contract but it is doable for them if they want to make it happen and Barcelona let's him go.

I'd still like to think we have a chance at Sanchez but of not we're still in great shape.

It's not just the Primier League spending big. Everyone is getting in on it and to compete in the Champions League we've got to spend.
But it's not though is it?
26.5 and 49.3
I'm not sure why a city fan would inflate fees paid.

We have enough kids in the team right now and have lost a lot of experienced player and we need to replace those with older players
I think foden will get cup games and that's how it should be this season,pep has a lot of youngters to guide in the first team to work with as it is

But it's not though is it?
26.5 and 49.3
I'm not sure why a city fan would inflate fees paid.

You come in 3 hours after I posted that and run your mouth about what a City fan would do? I read multiple pubs, Twitter feeds and posts. I just listed the fees they were showing and both were estimates that were wide in range. I haven't even checked in hours. Definitely not worth arguing about.

I am all for the spending. I hope we land 2-3 more like Pep wants.

Good attempt on your part though...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.