Discussion about money in football sickens me

i think that to get the youth incorperated now in the team could be great for city as a whole if there good enough get them in and they would be a breath of fresh air we need as they play with no fear and passion to the very end and thats what makes youth so dangerous when you put 4 or 5 in the team along with the experianced players at least give them a chance as we may have to if we get a ban for 2 years

Diaz Sancho Foden would get destroyed in the PL, they are not ready to make the jump.

Roberts + Tosin on the other hand will slowly get apps in the team, Roberts getting more since he's been battle tested in the PL and featured a full 1.5 seasons with Celtic. Tosin is another player who will get some good PT since he's been working non-stop with Pep the last year.

I'm probably going to make a controversial statement but just how I feel, so much money being thrown about that it's rather annoying and upsetting.

I know that football has alot of money in it but just browsing any sort of news shows all these ridiculous fees thrown about that it just feels out of place. Anybody who reads my comments knows I'm fond of our academy and everyone noticed what Foden did so wondering if anyone feels like this, imaging many won't, given these 2 options:

1. Win the league spending tons of money (say get Sanchez) and incorporate no youth

2. Get 2nd or 3rd but heavily involved players like Diaz, Sancho, Foden, Roberts, Tosin etc.

I would actually pick option 2 because as much as I want to win the league, I enjoy seeing the entire development of the football clubs philosophy and vision more, and seeing what our players can develop into. I like Sterling, but wouldn't feel as much joy seeing his development than Foden, and ultimately for me, football is about enjoyment.
Option 2 for me.

Football was always about more than winning metal pots and pans to me. That was until they doubled our SeasonCard prices in the space of five years or so and I became very demanding and critical of anything because I saw mates leave our support and my day out isn't as good anymore. But really it's still more than winning metal pots and pans, I just need to get used to a day out with four lads instead of twenty.

But I'd much rather have a load of local lads in the team, it would mean so much more to a lot of fans than winning things with players you know Damon well that if we didn't pay them so much would be at another club in a shot!

Option 2 for me.

Football was always about more than winning metal pots and pans to me. That was until they doubled our SeasonCard prices in the space of five years or so and I became very demanding and critical of anything because I saw mates leave our support and my day out isn't as good anymore. But really it's still more than winning metal pots and pans, I just need to get used to a day out with four lads instead of twenty.

But I'd much rather have a load of local lads in the team, it would mean so much more to a lot of fans than winning things with players you know Damon well that if we didn't pay them so much would be at another club in a shot!

I think we need to be careful when we talk of local players vs non local players. While it's great to have a local presence breaking through - and I'll be ecstatic if Foden makes it - it's unfair to dismiss the non-local players as a collective. Some of those have bought into everything we love about the club and established themselves as legends amongst the fans, and wherever their careers may have subsequently taken them, they'll always hold the club close to their hearts. Rosler, Goater, Dickov, and Zabaleta - a German, Bermudian, Scot, and Argentinian. You can almost certainly add Kompany to that list if/when he finally moves on.

There is nothing more depressing when winning a game easily and on trots Delph or Fernando and Garcia or Maffeo are on the bench.

On a general note, the amount of money in the game doesn't bother me one bit. The players deserve a shit ton of money, they are the elite of their sport - the biggest sport in the world. Simple as that.

I think we can win the PL whilst giving someone like Foden 10+ apps

At the end of the day when the players step on the pitch it's 11 v 11. It doesn't matter if a team costs £1bn or £1, each team has a chance of winning.

I want us to be the best team we can possible be and that means winning trophies, if that means spending money so be it, if it means giving youth a chance so be it. Obviously the connection to a kid coming through the academy and into the 1st team is stronger for fans but that kid has to be good enough.

Last edited:
On a general note, the amount of money in the game doesn't bother me one bit. The players deserve a shit ton of money, they are the elite of their sport - the biggest sport in the world. Simple as that.

I think we can win the PL whilst giving someone like Foden 10+ apps

I'm not sure they deserve it but it's the way of the world, the way money is spent in football is hard to justify really but it is what it is.

On a general note, the amount of money in the game doesn't bother me one bit. The players deserve a shit ton of money, they are the elite of their sport - the biggest sport in the world. Simple as that

But think how many nurses that could fund....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.