Discussion about money in football sickens me

Our owners never talk about money, only that they are prepared to back the manager to be successful. Its the rags that shout about how much they earn, and how much they have paid for players, to keep there season ticket holders and media interest for another season.

All that matters to me in football is for City to win as much as possible, preferably playing exciting football while doing so.

I don't care how much we spend, just get the best players so we can finish 10 points clear of Chelsea and destroy the rags in every aspect of the game. I want us to be considered up there with Barca and Real, if that means £100m on two full backs and buying rivals' best players then brilliant. Even better if we bought someone like Neymar for £200m.

It' just a boring fucking conversation to be perfectly honest. Firstly, why are people all of a sudden deciding the money is disgusting? So the world record fee ten years ago was okay, yeah? The world record fee twenty year ago was okay as well? Ridiculous.

Secondly, there are paintings that have sold for over £200m. Fucking paintings. When was the last time one of them scored in a big match?

A short list of some of the issues would look as follows:

• The majority of the population are borderline innumerate.
  • The majority of the population haven't got the slightest clue what the transfer fee is actually paying for and how those paying the fee gauge the value of a player.
  • The majority of people who complain about it continue to fork out ridiculous amounts of money for tickets, TV subscriptions and the rest.

All this outrage and disgust over something people haven't got a clue about is outrageous and disgusting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.