Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Bill, 9 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    in all honesty neither can i.

2. FanchesterCity

FanchesterCity

Overseer of the best team in the land
    Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

The point wasn't personal, but a case of why support any club unless you feel offering your support can cheer them on and make a different. Otherways we become spectators rather than supporters.
    So, if we accept that cheering them on can have a positive effect, not cheering them on prevents that possible boost. If we aren't spurring them on, but we're all sighing, that's not got to help (in most cases) is it? ergo it matters.

At best, a lousy atmosphere prevents us enjoying the 'boost' of a positive one.
    At worst, it can increase tension in a player (which you disagree with, and I can understand)m personally I think a negative atmosphere feeds to the players and can reduce their performance. They get tense too, and make more mistakes, start hurrying things etc.
    Either way, we lose out though right?

3. blue ranger

blue ranger

All true unfortunately ..... only thing to add is he has turned one of the worlds best centre halves into a quivering wreck.

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I can......

Jovetic is an attacking midfielder,an injury jinxed one,he was never going to get games ahead of Nasri/silva/Yaya or even Navas or Milner.

Milner's intention was always to leave,regardless of the shite he's been peddling.

Negredo left for off the field issues.

5. Pablo1

Pablo1

Not really because I can't accept that a professional footballer playing at the highest level will allow his form to dip because the crown aren't loud enough. They should be totally focused from the minute they come out of the changing room and waiting in the tunnel (which is another bug bear of mine as our players are often laughing, joking and high fiving the opposition) and that focus should remain until the whistle blows at the end of the game.
    The biggest crowd I played in front of was about 6,000 and I can honestly say I didn't hear anything because for 90 minutes the only thing what mattered was on the pitch.

I'd love the ground to be pumped up I really would, but it hasn't for a long time. We've won trophies in that time so it's not impossible to be succesful playing in a muted atmosphere. I do see what you're saying by the way, I just can't agree with it.

6. OB1

OB1

Let me add that it is a completely unproven assertion that Pellegrini ruined Nastasic.

7. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

The circumstantial evidence is pretty damning.

8. FanchesterCity

FanchesterCity

Overseer of the best team in the land

I understood Nastasic had an iffy injury that caused us to move him on? Might have been a questionable knee from memory.

9. OB1

OB1

I think the problem was with Nastasic; whatever it was.

10. kalouk

kalouk

This is something that plays in the back of my mind, we are all guessing what is going on but we don't know. Pellegrini could be making the right calls re Nastatic for example. He is in full possession of the facts, we never will be. Rumour and half truths are starting to be stated as fact and let's be honest none of us on here knows what is going on behind the scenes. If you knew the reasons behind some of the decisions made by the club you may see them in a different light instead of seeing them as a reason to get people sacked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.