Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

bondsman said:
feedmpenzaandhewillscore said:
de niro said:
i have no great desire to replace pelligrini, i think he has managed our team with his hands tied behind his back regarding the players he's been handed.ffp and begiristain between them have dealt pellers a poor hand. my only worry about keeping him is the risk, the risk that although restricting another manager would have done a far better job with this squad. its the old dammed if you do scenario. i dont think our ownwer will take that risk. if we could get ancelloti i'd do it asap.

I think he's been given more than enough resources. Every man and his dog were in for Mangala, he's failed to get the best out of him whilst ruining a good prospect in Nastasic. Negredo looked like a world beater until he decided to risk him in an already over cup tie, yes he eventually wanted to go back to Spain but being fit and performing week in week out might have persuaded him to stay.

Jovetic was seen as one of the best young strikers in Europe when he signed. Injuries have hampered him but Pellegrini has probably smashed his confidence to pieces with the way he handled the champions league squad announcement.

And any manager who gets a player like Bony in a January window should utilise him straight away. Not pick a lumbering around out of form striker like Dzeko.

Milner might have signed his contract if he had been played more. Instead he's had to sit on the bench and watch Yaya walk around on the pitch as the manager won't drop him.

And don't get me started on 442, soon as I saw the team sheet for Barca at home I knew we were out. You can bet your house he will start with two strikers on Sunday, it's so predictable even the tea lady at the swamp will have us figured out.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but we were all wanking ourselves silly on here in the summer about how well we went about our business. We'd apparently solved the problem of the centre half and defensive midfield conundrum. We also got decent back up for Zabaleta. Pellegrini was given the personnel and managed them all in the wrong way.

All this rests with the manager who has the best squad in the premier league but now sits in forth and not a single player in any type of form whilst playing a system that no top team in Europe plays. What does he do in the week at training and why can't he even coach them to take a corner? If Malaga want him back I'm sure there's enough blues on here who would have a whip round to easy jet him back to the costa del sol.

Cannot fault any of that.

in all honesty neither can i.

Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Pablo1 said:
FanchesterCity said:
Pablo1 said:
No, saying its a factor is wrong. If we have players who let their performance on the pitch be affected by how much/little noise we generate then they shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place.

If that's the case... why support City? do you not think the support matters?
I can categorically tell you, having spoken to plenty of pro footballers, the crowd matters, be it cheering them on, or booing them. These are players with fantastic ability, but they are still human. They still get nervous in cup finals and they still feel their spine tingle in games with an electric atmosphere.

Read Aguero's biography, he speaks very clearly of the QPR moment... he could sense the tension.
What has supporting City got to do with the subject at hand?
You're getting mixed up with what i'm getting at as well. An atmosphere which is bouncing can spur some teams on, of that there's no argument. I'm talking about the other side of the coin where people are saying the ground being quiet has a negative affect on players which makes them play poorer. That my friend is bollocks, or should be in which case I go back to my statement that they shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place because it's their mentality that's the problem.

The point wasn't personal, but a case of why support any club unless you feel offering your support can cheer them on and make a different. Otherways we become spectators rather than supporters.
So, if we accept that cheering them on can have a positive effect, not cheering them on prevents that possible boost. If we aren't spurring them on, but we're all sighing, that's not got to help (in most cases) is it? ergo it matters.

At best, a lousy atmosphere prevents us enjoying the 'boost' of a positive one.
At worst, it can increase tension in a player (which you disagree with, and I can understand)m personally I think a negative atmosphere feeds to the players and can reduce their performance. They get tense too, and make more mistakes, start hurrying things etc.
Either way, we lose out though right?

de niro said:
bondsman said:
I think he's been given more than enough resources. Every man and his dog were in for Mangala, he's failed to get the best out of him whilst ruining a good prospect in Nastasic. Negredo looked like a world beater until he decided to risk him in an already over cup tie, yes he eventually wanted to go back to Spain but being fit and performing week in week out might have persuaded him to stay.

Jovetic was seen as one of the best young strikers in Europe when he signed. Injuries have hampered him but Pellegrini has probably smashed his confidence to pieces with the way he handled the champions league squad announcement.

And any manager who gets a player like Bony in a January window should utilise him straight away. Not pick a lumbering around out of form striker like Dzeko.

Milner might have signed his contract if he had been played more. Instead he's had to sit on the bench and watch Yaya walk around on the pitch as the manager won't drop him.

And don't get me started on 442, soon as I saw the team sheet for Barca at home I knew we were out. You can bet your house he will start with two strikers on Sunday, it's so predictable even the tea lady at the swamp will have us figured out.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but we were all wanking ourselves silly on here in the summer about how well we went about our business. We'd apparently solved the problem of the centre half and defensive midfield conundrum. We also got decent back up for Zabaleta. Pellegrini was given the personnel and managed them all in the wrong way.

All this rests with the manager who has the best squad in the premier league but now sits in forth and not a single player in any type of form whilst playing a system that no top team in Europe plays. What does he do in the week at training and why can't he even coach them to take a corner? If Malaga want him back I'm sure there's enough blues on here who would have a whip round to easy jet him back to the costa del sol.

All true unfortunately ..... only thing to add is he has turned one of the worlds best centre halves into a quivering wreck.

de niro said:
bondsman said:

I can......

Jovetic is an attacking midfielder,an injury jinxed one,he was never going to get games ahead of Nasri/silva/Yaya or even Navas or Milner.

Milner's intention was always to leave,regardless of the shite he's been peddling.

Negredo left for off the field issues.

FanchesterCity said:
Pablo1 said:
FanchesterCity said:
If that's the case... why support City? do you not think the support matters?
I can categorically tell you, having spoken to plenty of pro footballers, the crowd matters, be it cheering them on, or booing them. These are players with fantastic ability, but they are still human. They still get nervous in cup finals and they still feel their spine tingle in games with an electric atmosphere.

Read Aguero's biography, he speaks very clearly of the QPR moment... he could sense the tension.
What has supporting City got to do with the subject at hand?
You're getting mixed up with what i'm getting at as well. An atmosphere which is bouncing can spur some teams on, of that there's no argument. I'm talking about the other side of the coin where people are saying the ground being quiet has a negative affect on players which makes them play poorer. That my friend is bollocks, or should be in which case I go back to my statement that they shouldn't be on the pitch in the first place because it's their mentality that's the problem.

The point wasn't personal, but a case of why support any club unless you feel offering your support can cheer them on and make a different. Otherways we become spectators rather than supporters.
So, if we accept that cheering them on can have a positive effect, not cheering them on prevents that possible boost. If we aren't spurring them on, but we're all sighing, that's not got to help (in most cases) is it? ergo it matters.

At best, a lousy atmosphere prevents us enjoying the 'boost' of a positive one.
At worst, it can increase tension in a player (which you disagree with, and I can understand)m personally I think a negative atmosphere feeds to the players and can reduce their performance. They get tense too, and make more mistakes, start hurrying things etc.
Either way, we lose out though right?
Not really because I can't accept that a professional footballer playing at the highest level will allow his form to dip because the crown aren't loud enough. They should be totally focused from the minute they come out of the changing room and waiting in the tunnel (which is another bug bear of mine as our players are often laughing, joking and high fiving the opposition) and that focus should remain until the whistle blows at the end of the game.
The biggest crowd I played in front of was about 6,000 and I can honestly say I didn't hear anything because for 90 minutes the only thing what mattered was on the pitch.

I'd love the ground to be pumped up I really would, but it hasn't for a long time. We've won trophies in that time so it's not impossible to be succesful playing in a muted atmosphere. I do see what you're saying by the way, I just can't agree with it.

FantasyIreland said:
de niro said:
bondsman said:

I can......

Jovetic is an attacking midfielder,an injury jinxed one,he was never going to get games ahead of Nasri/silva/Yaya or even Navas or Milner.

Milner's intention was always to leave,regardless of the shite he's been peddling.

Let me add that it is a completely unproven assertion that Pellegrini ruined Nastasic.

OB1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
de niro said:

I can......

Let me add that it is a completely unproven assertion that Pellegrini ruined Nastasic.

The circumstantial evidence is pretty damning.

I understood Nastasic had an iffy injury that caused us to move him on? Might have been a questionable knee from memory.

FanchesterCity said:
I understood Nastasic had an iffy injury that caused us to move him on? Might have been a questionable knee from memory.

I think the problem was with Nastasic; whatever it was.

BlueAnorak said:
OB1 said:
FantasyIreland said:
I can......

The circumstantial evidence is pretty damning.

This is something that plays in the back of my mind, we are all guessing what is going on but we don't know. Pellegrini could be making the right calls re Nastatic for example. He is in full possession of the facts, we never will be. Rumour and half truths are starting to be stated as fact and let's be honest none of us on here knows what is going on behind the scenes. If you knew the reasons behind some of the decisions made by the club you may see them in a different light instead of seeing them as a reason to get people sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.