Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

FanchesterCity said:
I understood Nastasic had an iffy injury that caused us to move him on? Might have been a questionable knee from memory.

He started playing straight away for his new team
Waste of a good young talent

FanchesterCity said:
I understood Nastasic had an iffy injury that caused us to move him on? Might have been a questionable knee from memory.

12 appearances for Schalke with that iffy injury nearly matched his appearances in the last two seasons for us. Something doesn't smell right there. Might end up being our Gerard Pique.

It could be an injury that is a high risk of recurring. They could have weighed the odds and felt the best option was to sell him. We know from experience about these sort of injuries with Kompany and Aguero. Twelve games isn't that many for Nastatic new club if the injury recurs again it may be looked at as good business to sell when we did. Who knows, as I said before we don't.

Mister Appointment said:
Universidad de Chile said:
Its really a bit sad on here to read some opinions....

It feels, like some are more interessed and happier than Pellegrini go out, than seeing the club WIN SOMETHING, or any other aim (supporting another club by hate our present, manager, or lack of succesful).

And... maybe, youre totally right on this... but, even if its that the case now, is to be fair to WAIT till the end of the season and now to shut up about anything else than to PLAY the games the team still have to play (fight)...

It is over only when its over... just saying...

It's been a strange season. A lot of people gave up on the title the first time we slipped behind Chelsea in the autumn and to some extent since then, even during our winning run in winter, many remained convinced that we wouldn't be strong enough to catch them.

It's been a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy because since the new year the performances have too many times reflected the defeatist attitude of the support all season. It's chicken and egg though because supporters will say they reflect the performances.

Ultimately it's been a disappointing campaign and if we're honest there has been a small but vocal minority who don't like Pellegrini full stop, and never have. This mixture was always going to lead to there being very little appetite to believe or focus on the run in if we fell behind Chelsea as we have.

LOfuckinL Billy Shears finest post, by far

feedmpenzaandhewillscore said:
FanchesterCity said:

12 appearances for Schalke with that iffy injury nearly matched his appearances in the last two seasons for us. Something doesn't smell right there. Might end up being our Gerard Pique.
yep, but its only schalke, mate.

they haven´t even won one time the bundesliga.

so, the glass is half full or half empty, it depends on the viewer, and pellegrini just thought, he has not the quality to stay in the team.

and maybe he can be right, if we think schalke are now only in position 5 in the bundesliga with only 40 points behind bayern with 67, and he´s also not one of the best players of their squad.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/spieltag/1-bundesliga/2014-15/spieltag.html

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...halke-04-2/66070/spieler_nastasic-matija.html

i think, the campions league game against madrid was only a fata morgana... imo

has he fucked off yet?

no?

shame

de niro said:
bondsman said:
feedmpenzaandhewillscore said:
I think he's been given more than enough resources. Every man and his dog were in for Mangala, he's failed to get the best out of him whilst ruining a good prospect in Nastasic. Negredo looked like a world beater until he decided to risk him in an already over cup tie, yes he eventually wanted to go back to Spain but being fit and performing week in week out might have persuaded him to stay.

Jovetic was seen as one of the best young strikers in Europe when he signed. Injuries have hampered him but Pellegrini has probably smashed his confidence to pieces with the way he handled the champions league squad announcement.

And any manager who gets a player like Bony in a January window should utilise him straight away. Not pick a lumbering around out of form striker like Dzeko.

Milner might have signed his contract if he had been played more. Instead he's had to sit on the bench and watch Yaya walk around on the pitch as the manager won't drop him.

And don't get me started on 442, soon as I saw the team sheet for Barca at home I knew we were out. You can bet your house he will start with two strikers on Sunday, it's so predictable even the tea lady at the swamp will have us figured out.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but we were all wanking ourselves silly on here in the summer about how well we went about our business. We'd apparently solved the problem of the centre half and defensive midfield conundrum. We also got decent back up for Zabaleta. Pellegrini was given the personnel and managed them all in the wrong way.

All this rests with the manager who has the best squad in the premier league but now sits in forth and not a single player in any type of form whilst playing a system that no top team in Europe plays. What does he do in the week at training and why can't he even coach them to take a corner? If Malaga want him back I'm sure there's enough blues on here who would have a whip round to easy jet him back to the costa del sol.

Cannot fault any of that.

in all honesty neither can i.

I can.

I think putting Negredo's drop in form purely down to that injury at West Ham oversimplifies things greatly. There were other important factors at play in his private life which are the real reason he left.

As for Jovetic, it's not like he excelled prior to his exclusion from the CL squad. I do think it could've been handled better, but his influence on the team was negligible prior to that.

Don't get me wrong, I think Pellegrini should go this summer but he's not culpable for everything that has gone wrong this season.

If he sticks to his guns....and starts Dzeko alongside Aguero,we will lose the Derby imo.

I then believe he will lose the loyalty of even his most ardent of supporters and life for Pellegrini will become very difficult indeed - I really do hope he gives us the best opportunity of a victory and plays the team we all want him to.

FantasyIreland said:
If he sticks to his guns....and starts Dzeko alongside Aguero,we will lose the Derby imo.

I then believe he will lose the loyalty of even his most ardent of supporters and life for Pellegrini will become very difficult indeed - I really do hope he gives us the best opportunity of a victory and plays the team we all want him to.

I think he'll have noticed they have been keeping a lot of possession lately and seem to have found a system that' they appear comfortable with. I think he will put 3 in mid and bring dzeko on if we chasing the game. Time will tell tho bud.

I can't believe he's still with us .
He should have gone this week .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.