Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

KnaresboroughBlue said:
moomba said:
Dethred said:
Did Pellegrini win the same number of trophies in his first year as manager as Mancini did in 3? Even after Mancini left us with a team that would lose to Wigan, and then a few weeks later Reading? Yep.

Are we talking about the loss to Wigan when Mancini was manager or the loss with Pellegrini as manager. As I'm pretty sure we havent lost to Reading since Sven was in charge.

And he cunningly ignores the fact that Mancini took over a team that hadn't won anything in years and was outside the CL places and of course it took a couple of seasons from there, whereas Pellegrini took over a team that had finished 1st and 2nd in the previous 2 seasons.

Both have achieved a great deal with us and rightfully will have a prominent place in our history but it was the right time for Mancini to go and the end of this season is probably going to be the same for Pellegrini.

Also forgetting that we had madrid and dortmund (who ended up being in the final) in the same group whereas pellers only just got us out this season. Oh plus didn't we have the best desensive record in the league despite finishing/securing second spot? Like how he's missed out the obvious such as us being fourth and could well be in big trouble if we lose tomorrow and bin dippers win on Monday, small teams getting results against us and how after 3/4 of the season pellers still doesn't know what his best starting line up is resulting in us rotating every game. I could go on forever.

Pellegrini out!

Giddy rags and they've not even played the game yet.

baildon blue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Dethred said:
Wow have times changed. I remember about 2 years ago I was among maybe 4 people on here saying Mancini had to go. Mancini had put us 11 points behind the rags, lost to Wigan in the cup final, failed to get out of the group stage and win a single match in that year's Champions League campaign, and had clearly created a massively toxic environment in all levels of the club... but the majority supported him.

Two years later we've made it into the final 16 twice, won League Cup and Premier League, and only in the past few weeks dropped out of second place, and almost everyone is fucking him off. Not a single one of you know tactics half as well as Pellegrini, but think you have the solution. It's comical, really. Support our fucking manager and get behind the team you fucking turncoat c**ts. Stop bleeding into your panties and get behind the team so we can at least make 2nd place.

Dickheads like this are what put me right off Internet forums.
On the wind up is deathred .
I can understand a bit of his argument .
But at the end of the day Pellergrini made our defence a complete shambles .
And for that he should get the CHOP .

To be fair, he's making our attack pretty crap too

Danielmanc said:
baildon blue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Dickheads like this are what put me right off Internet forums.

Joint top scorers.

blueparrot said:
Danielmanc said:
baildon blue said:

Joint top scorers.

You don't get any points for that, oddly enough.

It's fine putting 4 past a team but if you cant put 1 in against Burnley it kind of costs you

Danielmanc said:
blueparrot said:
Danielmanc said:
Joint top scorers.

It's fine putting 4 past a team but if you cant put 1 in against Burnley is kind of costs you
I never mentioned points , neither did you , you just said the attack was crap

blueparrot said:
Danielmanc said:
blueparrot said:
Joint top scorers.

It's fine putting 4 past a team but if you cant put 1 in against Burnley is kind of costs you

Fair enough, If our attack and defence were good enough we wouldn't currently be in a scrap for 4th / 5th in my opinion - that's all I was meaning. It's not just the defence, we're not the attacking threat that we once was,

Danielmanc said:
blueparrot said:
Danielmanc said:

Fair enough, If our attack and defence were good enough we wouldn't currently be in a scrap for 4th / 5th in my opinion - that's all I was meaning. It's not just the defence, we're not the attacking threat that we once was,
I agree with that it's all whole team thing .

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Dethred said:
Oh it's the 50 IQ brigade again not understanding stark differences. If you can't see a difference between Mancini's toxic atmosphere, not winning a single CL game his last season, and losing to a soon-to-be-relegated team in the cup final, then there is no hope for you. Go on talking tactics like you actually have a fucking clue.

Do you think Pellegrini has created a toxic situation in the dressing room and around the club?
If you say yes, show some proof.

Do you think Pellegrini has done near as fucking hopelessly as Mancini in Europe?
If you say yes, you're just a fool because there's no way anyone could argue that.

Did Pellegrini win the same number of trophies in his first year as manager as Mancini did in 3? Even after Mancini left us with a team that would lose to Wigan, and then a few weeks later Reading? Yep.

I think most of you fucks just like to slag off the guy who has some class and isn't up in the technical area calling the opposing manager a "c**t". 6-7 years ago we would have all been hoping that the club didn't sack someone like Pellegrini, but here we are... unabashed entitlement.

I would suggest the results are a fair indication that all is not well. Our worst run of form for a few years. Players losing form due to being constantly chopped and changed. Rigidly sticking to a system that is not working.

He has us in 4th position and is danger of not automatically qualifying for the CL. We went out of one cup at home to a very understrength Newcastle and out of the other cup at home to a team from the championship. In the CL we just scraped through but we went out as soon as we came up against one of the better teams.

Personally I am not too bothered whether he is a nice and classy guy or not (and I have no idea whether he really is or isn't). He is here to do a job and isn't doing it very well at present. Just as it was time to part company with Mancini, it probably is time to call an end to Pellegrini's time here at the end of the season.

I would disagree on that point but I guess it does depend how literally one take's such a comment. The fact is that our defeats tend to be marginal and we have lost games, like Palace, that we should have won by most measures, other than the one that counts: goals.

Our results has not been good enough and performances have not been consistently at the right level but I do think a relatively small improvement would make a big difference results wise.

I think a variety of factors have combined and hurt us this season (at various times) but I do not think masses of things are wrong in how the team / club is managed / run. However, although I think the time has come for a bit of an overhaul of the squad, I am disappointed that the manager has not found any solutions to our current problems. I understand the club's values but I don't understand why a bit more pragmatism and a back-to-basics approach has not been taken. I don't have all the facts though.

OB1 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Dethred said:
Oh it's the 50 IQ brigade again not understanding stark differences. If you can't see a difference between Mancini's toxic atmosphere, not winning a single CL game his last season, and losing to a soon-to-be-relegated team in the cup final, then there is no hope for you. Go on talking tactics like you actually have a fucking clue.

Do you think Pellegrini has created a toxic situation in the dressing room and around the club?
If you say yes, show some proof.

Do you think Pellegrini has done near as fucking hopelessly as Mancini in Europe?
If you say yes, you're just a fool because there's no way anyone could argue that.

I think most of you fucks just like to slag off the guy who has some class and isn't up in the technical area calling the opposing manager a "c**t". 6-7 years ago we would have all been hoping that the club didn't sack someone like Pellegrini, but here we are... unabashed entitlement.

I would suggest the results are a fair indication that all is not well. Our worst run of form for a few years. Players losing form due to being constantly chopped and changed. Rigidly sticking to a system that is not working.

He has us in 4th position and is danger of not automatically qualifying for the CL. We went out of one cup at home to a very understrength Newcastle and out of the other cup at home to a team from the championship. In the CL we just scraped through but we went out as soon as we came up against one of the better teams.

Personally I am not too bothered whether he is a nice and classy guy or not (and I have no idea whether he really is or isn't). He is here to do a job and isn't doing it very well at present. Just as it was time to part company with Mancini, it probably is time to call an end to Pellegrini's time here at the end of the season.

I would disagree on that point but I guess it does depend how literally one take's such a comment. The fact is that our defeats tend to be marginal and we have lost games, like Palace, that we should have won by most measures, other than the one that counts: goals.

Our results has not been good enough and performances have not been consistently at the right level but I do think a relatively small improvement would make a big difference results wise.

I think a variety of factors have combined and hurt us this season (at various times) but I do not think masses of things are wrong in how the team / club is managed / run. However, although I think the time has come for a bit of an overhaul of the squad, I am disappointed that the manager has not found any solutions to our current problems. I understand the club's values but I don't understand why a bit more pragmatism and a back-to-basics approach has not been taken. I don't have all the facts though.
I keep wondering if droppin jovetic from chump squad has put a divide in the camp somewhat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.