Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, there is no point nullifying our best player by forcing him to expend energy on defensive duties. He's much better being further up the pitch. I also get your point about De Bruyne as a no.10. He plays like a winger in that role as he likes to instantly head forwards and go towards goal. Because of our style of play we need Silva in that position as he knows when to slow things down and when to play the killer pass. The control of possession is vital to our formation as otherwise we can have too big a gap between midfield and defence and be picked off quite easily. I'm sure Pellegrini will have recognised that we were better when Silva was central (6 goals scored is quite a clue).

You would hope so mate, but given the evidence of how well we started the season with Silva at 10, how bad we've been when he's not been there, it was baffling why he started him on the right against Newcastle.

He recognised the mistake and corrected it though, so there ended up being no harm done. I just hope he doesn't make the same mistake again.

Never a truer word spoken, some seem to have lost the ability to enjoy the game, with it's ups and downs and to take things in their stride

Its win every game regardless by taking every chance we get and without even conceding a chance for the opposition.

Its gone bonkers the expectation and level that some on here feel they have to hold us to all the time.

With Klopp Liverpool bound in the coming days, if we don't secure Pep's services next summer we'll have majorly dropped a bollock.

We've gambled the short to medium term future of the club on securing Pep next summer, in the meantime we've passed up on one of the few available managers out there who we all agreed was a perfect fit for us and an upgrade on Manuel earlier this summer. Now he's gone to a domestic rival.

Guardiola is an absolute must next summer, and I'm getting pretty anxious about that now given that Rummenigge has been talking about negotiations for a new contract just the other week.

If we passed up the opportunity to land Klopp, on the understanding that Pep was coming in a year, and he doesn't, Txiki wants shooting. IMO.

It's a big if though, in the meantime I'm going to try and keep a lid on that anxiety.

With Klopp Liverpool bound in the coming days, if we don't secure Pep's services next summer we'll have majorly dropped a bollock.

We've gambled the short to medium term future of the club on securing Pep next summer, in the meantime we've passed up on one of the few available managers out there who we all agreed was a perfect fit for us and an upgrade on Manuel earlier this summer. Now he's gone to a domestic rival.

Guardiola is an absolute must next summer, and I'm getting pretty anxious about that now given that Rummenigge has been talking about negotiations for a new contract just the other week.

If we passed up the opportunity to land Klopp, on the understanding that Pep was coming in a year, and he doesn't, Txiki wants shooting. IMO.

It's a big if though, in the meantime I'm going to try and keep a lid on that anxiety.

We keep Pelegrini proven and playing the best football the premier have seen and if we win the premier this season fans will be happy with him staying

Did we?

We keep Pelegrini proven and playing the best football the premier have seen and if we win the premier this season fans will be happy with him staying

I think we need a top tier manager personally mate, someone who can truly get the most out of this side. Under Pellegrini we all too often look less than the sum of our parts.

Either way, Pellegrini is a short term fix at present, he's at an age now where he'll be thinking about retirement sooner or later. This is something we need to look at sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.