Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have some worries about the players under a man they know will be gone in 12 months, but then the key will be which players are bringing down the squad, which ones of those are moving on, and the impact of high quality fresh blood. Pogba for example could be a signing with a huge ripple effect throughout the season. I still don't want to see him lining up in midfield 2 with Yaya, but big signings usually always give the squad a lift. If it has the same impact as Aguero we'll be in a great position to win back the title.

Tell me that I’m wrong, and there’s nothing to worry about, because I’m concerned that the way we finished the season, has papered over a few cracks.

Reassure me that we won’t play 4-4-2 in our first big Champions League game, and get overrun in midfield.

Has Pellegrini learnt that the reason we keep throwing away 2-0 leads, might be something to do with his lacklustre approach?

Has he finally discovered that rotating Kolarov and Clichy, or Fernandinho and Fernando, doesn’t actually benefit either player?

Be careful before you jump in because I've got a horrible feeling that I might be right.

Pellergrini will need to buck his ideas up next season .
Will he have learned from his mistakes last season i doubt it .
City are taking a major risk keeping him on .
I haven't forgotten the rubbish I had to suffer at Liverpool and Burnley .
And that rubbish draw against Hull at home .

if we get the targets we are after even pellers should win something.
As someone who's previously voiced doubts about the manager, I'll take the bait ;). I'm hugely encouraged by the switch to 433 at the end of the season when things looked like they might be going tits up. He wasn't forced to do this, because he had Bony sat on the bench and showing good form. So this was a tactical switch, and we can clearly see that this switch worked well. The new signings all seem to me to be perfectly suited to this formation, and the decision to keep Yaya could be another signal that this switch in tactics isn't temporary. If this is the case and we add top quality young players to give us some added pace and energy, then we're in for a special season.

As someone who's previously voiced doubts about the manager, I'll take the bait ;). I'm hugely encouraged by the switch to 433 at the end of the season when things looked like they might be going tits up. He wasn't forced to do this, because he had Bony sat on the bench and showing good form. So this was a tactical switch, and we can clearly see that this switch worked well. The new signings all seem to me to be perfectly suited to this formation, and the decision to keep Yaya could be another signal that this switch in tactics isn't temporary. If this is the case and we add top quality young players to give us some added pace and energy, then we're in for a special season.

so why wait till 6 games to go?

so why wait till 6 games to go?
Good question. Maybe he was so wedded to 442 that we needed to be on the brink of disaster for him to consider making the change? Maybe there were those amongst the playing staff who'd called for this to be done and he didn't want to be seen to be losing face within the group? Maybe the nature of the performances at Burnley and Old Trafford were so worrying that it convinced him something drastic had to be done? The list goes on but anyway the reason for the switch are less important than that the switch happened and worked well, so surely he'll persevere with this formation next season?

Agreed. Trouble is some are far too down the path of he aint good enough for us
Its not that, you take away the 6 or so games of the season and do you think Rotating the defence regulary without reason, playing 442 regardless of opposition, easily loosing 2 goal leads, being knocked out of domestic cups without a fight with arguably one of our stronger line ups, being out witted against the weaker teams at home and a general half arsed attempt at keeping the title fills alot up with confidence?

Yes we finished 2nd with a lot of stats in our favour thanks to a strong finish aswell, yes we had FFP to contend with and a world cup hangover and we know they'll be changes in personel to the squad which can only be even better, but what makes you so sure that all same problems we've had won't exsist next season and that we will be stronger than our rivals who will also be spending?

Its not that, you take away the 6 or so games of the season and do you think Rotating the defence regulary without reason, playing 442 regardless of opposition, easily loosing 2 goal leads, being knocked out of domestic cups without a fight with arguably one of our stronger line ups, being out witted against the weaker teams at home and a general half arsed attempt at keeping the title fills alot up with confidence?

Yes we finished 2nd with a lot of stats in our favour thanks to a strong finish aswell, yes we had FFP to contend with and a world cup hangover and we know they'll be changes in personel to the squad which can only be even better, but what makes you so sure that all same problems we've had won't exsist next season and that we will be stronger than our rivals who will also be spending?

Most on here think Pellers rotated for the sake of it and because we lost some silly games it fits their argument. We have no idea why he rotated, it could easily have been players were not performing in training or they had picked up a knock, so to say it was for the sake of it, is purely speculation.

I will conceed 442 was played more often that it should have been, but with the quality of the players (on paper) that he was fielding week in week out, why would he think they would struggle.

Going out of the domestic cups early, I would blame the players more than the manager. I suspect there wont be many thinking the team he put out would have got beaten on the day.

He has also had to deal with several "key players" having their heads elsewhere, which for any manager, would be a difficult scenario to work through.

He is not a novice manager by any stretch of the imagination, and I think if we offload the right players and get the players we are after, he will work wonders for us this next season, even if it is his last. To suggest he wont give a shit as several have because its his last year, is just rediculous.

Iv'e supported Pellers most of the season and at one point switched to I think he should move on, but I am glad he will have another opportunity to manage players who are committed to the cause.

With all these midfielders being lined up I'm concerned where the goals are going to come from if Sergio gets injured / loses form. Plus if we were to play in a 4-3-3 where are we going to play all these signings alongside our established body of good players. Where will silva sit in a 4-3-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.