Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these midfielders being lined up I'm concerned where the goals are going to come from if Sergio gets injured / loses form. Plus if we were to play in a 4-3-3 where are we going to play all these signings alongside our established body of good players. Where will silva sit in a 4-3-3?

If Aguero wasn't playing Sterling Bony Debruyne and Silva should have enough goals in them. I would expect Siva to play furthest forward of a midfield 3. I do wonder how you fit Toure, Pogba, Fernandinho, Fernando and possibly Wilshere or Barkley into the two behind / alongside Silva and keep them all happy. Nice problem to have though.

If Aguero wasn't playing Sterling Bony Debruyne and Silva should have enough goals in them. I would expect Siva to play furthest forward of a midfield 3. I do wonder how you fit Toure, Pogba, Fernandinho, Fernando and possibly Wilshere or Barkley into the two behind / alongside Silva and keep them all happy. Nice problem to have though.

I'm not sure it is. It can lead to the situation that United experienced last season where the manager spends half the season juggling players about trying to keep them happy, unsure what the best team and formation is. I think you can be better off having a recognisable best 11-13 players, and a number of other players that can slot into your system.

Most on here think Pellers rotated for the sake of it and because we lost some silly games it fits their argument. We have no idea why he rotated, it could easily have been players were not performing in training or they had picked up a knock, so to say it was for the sake of it, is purely speculation.

I will conceed 442 was played more often that it should have been, but with the quality of the players (on paper) that he was fielding week in week out, why would he think they would struggle.

Going out of the domestic cups early, I would blame the players more than the manager. I suspect there wont be many thinking the team he put out would have got beaten on the day.

He has also had to deal with several "key players" having their heads elsewhere, which for any manager, would be a difficult scenario to work through.

He is not a novice manager by any stretch of the imagination, and I think if we offload the right players and get the players we are after, he will work wonders for us this next season, even if it is his last. To suggest he wont give a shit as several have because its his last year, is just rediculous.

Iv'e supported Pellers most of the season and at one point switched to I think he should move on, but I am glad he will have another opportunity to manage players who are committed to the cause.
Yeh don't get me wrong, I myself have wanted him out for alot of this season but he will get my backing.

No point bitching about it, we should back him as our manager, they'll be No Pep or Klopp, at least just yet and I think most on BM realise that.

The key mistakes are there for all to see and hopefully as you say, we make the right business in the transfer window and we can address alot of them but tactically, we'll just have to see what plans he has ahead for us next season.

I'm not sure if we will keep Fernando. I don't think he has the qualities needed to succeed. But I can't see how we can cope with five midfielders and five attacking midfielders. I'm all for stockpiling attacking players, but it seems a little extreme.

I'm not sure if we will keep Fernando. I don't think he has the qualities needed to succeed. But I can't see how we can cope with five midfielders and five attacking midfielders. I'm all for stockpiling attacking players, but it seems a little extreme.
It's 10 players for 5 positions at most, hardly extreme.

It would be interesting to see a full transcription of that interview. I've always maintained he detests Mourinho with a passion. 1-1 so far in a battle of equals but I bet he's spoiling to beat him next season.

Just been reading about this pre-season in Australia. 26 hours flights apparently!

Sleep, rest, and recuperation is absolutely vital in heavy training, and yet we're doing the one thing guaranteed to disrupt the players circadian rhythm.

Can't be ideal, and at a major football club it should be. The football should be coming first. Hard to believe Football Director and Coach would be happy about this.

Just been reading about this pre-season in Australia. 26 hours flights apparently!

Sleep, rest, and recuperation is absolutely vital in heavy training, and yet we're doing the one thing guaranteed to disrupt the players circadian rhythm.

Can't be ideal, and at a major football club it should be. The football should be coming first. Hard to believe Football Director and Coach would be happy about this.
They have two weeks from when they return to the first game

Have you seen our jet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.