Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does every manager tactically out think him, surely he can't be that naïve? Too loyal to under performing players with a distinct lack of plan B if his plan A of "we'll just outscore you" doesn't work

Anyone listening to the Klopp interview on Soccer Saturday? He's just stated everything I've been thinking about our defence and predictability for weeks, as is so obvious whenever we get beat in the league or Europe. We are so vulnerable to diagonal runs behind/inbetween the centre backs because they play so wide apart and keep a strict line (not a negative if not so wide as well) they don't have the support quick enough and when the other team scores we look a complete mess.

Obviously it's our style of play for attacking purposes but we need to have a plan B when we are being attacked, we need to compress quickly at the back. Pellegrini is just so stubborn, he states all the time about this attractive style of playing - apart from that half a season when Negredo was on red hot form we haven't played any more attractive than under Mancini - but one thing's for certain - we never got battered under Mancini and very very rarely got beat at home.

This isn't going back to the Mancini debate, it's just bleeding obvious. Appreciate everything Pell has done but the longer it takes us to get to the cream of the crop, the bit more embarrassing it is for us when we get bested by teams we shouldn't (e.g. Juventus) - it's too regular at the moment. We need a manager with passion and like someone said on the other thread, someone who will get the best out of every player to get to the level we should be. Not someone who will appease Yaya every time he takes the piss out of the club over the preceding summer, making him captain when he is nowhere near captain material. I'm not sure whether Pep's dominating possession/control game would work in the prem with the quality of every team on the counter, i hope he would adapt if needed but he's got the mentality to get us to the top and that's what we're crying out for.

Anyone listening to the Klopp interview on Soccer Saturday? He's just stated everything I've been thinking about our defence and predictability for weeks, as is so obvious whenever we get beat in the league or Europe. We are so vulnerable to diagonal runs behind/inbetween the centre backs because they play so wide apart and keep a strict line (not a negative if not so wide as well) they don't have the support quick enough and when the other team scores we look a complete mess.

Obviously it's our style of play for attacking purposes but we need to have a plan B when we are being attacked, we need to compress quickly at the back. Pellegrini is just so stubborn, he states all the time about this attractive style of playing - apart from that half a season when Negredo was on red hot form we haven't played any more attractive than under Mancini - but one thing's for certain - we never got battered under Mancini and very very rarely got beat at home.

This isn't going back to the Mancini debate, it's just bleeding obvious. Appreciate everything Pell has done but the longer it takes us to get to the cream of the crop, the bit more embarrassing it is for us when we get bested by teams we shouldn't (e.g. Juventus) - it's too regular at the moment. We need a manager with passion and like someone said on the other thread, someone who will get the best out of every player to get to the level we should be. Not someone who will appease Yaya every time he takes the piss out of the club over the preceding summer, making him captain when he is nowhere near captain material. I'm not sure whether Pep's dominating possession/control game would work in the prem with the quality of every team on the counter, i hope he would adapt if needed but he's got the mentality to get us to the top and that's what we're crying out for.

Overall I'd say Pellegrini's football shades Mancini's. The worst we've been since the takeover but after Hughes got the chop was Mancini's final season in charge. Some proper dross football almost every week. Things may not be perfect under MP especially in 2015 but I'd much rather be watching his side than Mancini's final one.

Overall I'd say Pellegrini's football shades Mancini's. The worst we've been since the takeover but after Hughes got the chop was Mancini's final season in charge. Some proper dross football almost every week. Things may not be perfect under MP especially in 2015 but I'd much rather be watching his side than Mancini's final one.

Think the problem recently is we are not scoring the usual goals that mask our defensive frailties.
I'm sure this is our blip and we'll be back to our free flowing brilliant selves soon enough.
I love watching this side. At it's best it's up there with the best football we've seen.

I originally meant to post this to you, but it went to Mossside Blue in error:

If Manuel does leave in the summer, will you be leaving us to join him?

If you decide to stay with us, will your agenderist username remain with you forever or will you revise it? (In Memory of Manuel sounds appropriate).

Once your campaign is run, is there any other campaigns on the horizon you'd like to highlight so this boards members can have time to choose whether to opt into any of them or not?

Which members are you referring to? Do you speak for a number of members and if so list their names. On who's authority do you question whether I stay as a member of this forum or go?
I haven't tried to start a campaign. I have a username like you and as things stand they are both appropriate.

True of course but surely paying attention to the oppositions systems and tactics is of benefit to you?
The true great managers do both.

So where's this view that Manuel 'doesn't pay attention to what the opposition do come from'? Probably the same place as 'his tactics are wrong' and 'there's no plan B

It's a tough one - FA Final, comfortable second in Prem, decent defending, manager who wasn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers.
Perhaps too incendiary and too much ego.
Attackingly - Pelle shades it.

So where's this view that Manuel 'doesn't pay attention to what the opposition do come from'? Probably the same place as 'his tactics are wrong' and 'there's no plan B

Haha. That's very good although I reckon it might clear a fair few heads. They'll certainly hear the "whoosh" sound though. ;)

It's a tough one - FA Final, comfortable second in Prem, decent defending, manager who wasn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers.
Perhaps too incendiary and too much ego.
Attackingly - Pelle shades it.

It's early days but I'd say trophy wise MP will shade it too come May.

No slight on the much beloved Bobby though as his starting position was way lower than MP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.