Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

aguero93:20 said:
BigOscar said:
Arguably less so than Bluemoon's favourite Klopp and with a far better record of managing transitions like the one we'll undoubtably have to go through in the next 2 seasons.
I think you are underestimate him, he's had some fine moments. Attacking police officers to try and get them off a pitch invader would have to be up there as my favourite though, but he regularly turns into a crazy homeless man when he gets angry

Perfect fit for us then, we like our pitch invasions :)

He might wake the crowd up

Mister Appointment said:
My understanding of the posts in this thread is that although we need Carlo/Pep/ABP none of those managers have the players they need to implement their own styles. So basically we're doomed right ?
Isn't Ancelotti kinda famous for working with what he's got. AC, the double winning Chelsea side and Real don't share much do they?

NQCitizen said:
Mister Appointment said:
My understanding of the posts in this thread is that although we need Carlo/Pep/ABP none of those managers have the players they need to implement their own styles. So basically we're doomed right ?
Isn't Ancelotti kinda famous for working with what he's got. AC, the double winning Chelsea side and Real don't share much do they?

The transition will start this summer though so presuming Pellegrini will do one more year this summers transfers will need to be done with his successor in mind which will mean bringing in players Manuel can work with and that his successor would also want. That's why I think they need a clear plan for the next two summers. If we buy the right players though any top manager should be able to work with what they've got, and implement their style.
To be fair to Manuel he has had to work with what he had and some of our players are quite difficult to adapt to different systems Yaya in particular, great player and has to play but not very adaptable.

We could do worse than sacking Pellers now & getting Neil Warnock in until the end of the season, to steady the ship.

BigOscar said:
What about Jorge Jesus? Rumours going around he's looking for a new challenge and a fantastic tactician and man-manager by all accounts, while coaching his teams to play attractive football too.
He's a fucking nutter, but he's a decent manager who loves attacking football. Not for us though imo, he's a bit high maintainance and his record with bringing through youth from the academy isn't great. The papers would love him though, his touchline antics make Mourinho look like a saint and he's not normally too worried about what he says in press conferences.

He's a bit too unproven at building a team for the long term, as he has to deal with selling all his best players every couple of years. He's probably the best manager in the world at identifying and developing players who could change position though, he did a fantastic job converting Coentrao, Matic, Perez and now Pizzi from average players into excellent players in different positions. He'd do a great job and be a cult hero at a selling side like Southampton though, he consistently does remarkably well at patching his side together when the big names leave. I'm not sure his beloved 4132 would really work in England either(even though it's fantastic fun), although he has shown recently that he's willing to play a more reserved 4231 with good success.

It would be fun, but it would almost certainly end in tears.

Arguably less so than Bluemoon's favourite Klopp and with a far better record of managing transitions like the one we'll undoubtably have to go through in the next 2 seasons.

Tut tut. The Simeone bandwagon clearly hasn't seen this post yet. ;)

Only Guardiola and Ancelotti would be a better option than Pellegrini right now I feel. If we can't get them there is no point in changing managers.

kupest said:
Only Guardiola and Ancelotti would be a better option than Pellegrini right now I feel. If we can't get them there is no point in changing managers.

And if we could and did get one of them, would you expect to see immediate results? genuine question

Holloway's available now. We could do worse; at least the post match interviews will be a bit more entertaining.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJB3-vEKQDc[/video]

Poor old Manuel can't compete with that!

Arguably the transfers are more important than a new manager. This is a huge year. Need to refresh some key positions with big signings and bring the age of the squad down with quality young players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.