Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
CC1 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
bluwes said:
We would have lost Silva, Nasri and Kompany to name but three.

After the way they have played post Mancini I wouldn't be that bothered.

Short memory. They helped us win 2 trophies last season - POST Mancini era

Long memory.

Kompany was still dire last year. Didn't he duck tranny's shot in Madrid to cost us the game? Luckily we had 4 players who scored over 20 goals to help us to our double.

Nasri was good last year.

Both have had abject seasons this year.

@BluePhil8 said:
CC1 said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Long memory.

Kompany was still dire last year. Didn't he duck tranny's shot in Madrid to cost us the game? Luckily we had 4 players who scored over 20 goals to help us to our double.

Everyone's done shit this season except silva kun and Hart. You'll be saying yayas shit soon

Damocles said:
de niro said:
Do you think Mancini would have signed Rodwell Sinclair Fernando and Co. ? No. Had he been retained we would built on the title he won with proper players who would have won us 3 titles in a row.

Manager's don't sign players, Directors of Football do.

Rodwell and Sinclair were signed by Marwood. Fernando by Txiki.

Both had decent reasons for signing those players - plans that didn't really work out in the long run and all of them were relatively cheap players.

The principle reason Marwood signed Rodwell was that Mancini wanted him.

@BluePhil8 said:
CC1 said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Long memory.

no, we played Madrid in Mancini's last season.

I think the captaincy, and leading the defence, has worn Vinnie down and I think he could do with it taking off him, also think Demi is a better marshal of the defence and I don't think it helps Vinnie a lot to have to be the leader next to an inexperienced Nastasic or Mangala, I think that's why the Pepe approach a year or 2 ago was a sensible idea imo, and why I think another inexperienced CB, like Laporte, may not solve many of our issues.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
@BluePhil8 said:
CC1 said:

Long memory.

I think the captaincy, and leading the defence, has worn Vinnie down and I think he could do with it taking off him, also think Demi is a better marshal of the defence and I don't think it helps Vinnie a lot to have to be the leader next to an inexperienced Nastasic or Mangala, I think that's why the Pepe approach a year or 2 ago was a sensible idea imo, and why I think another inexperienced CB, like Laporte, may not solve many of our issues.

That sounds great but I'm pretty sure Vinny and Mangala have had a much better defensive record this season than Vinny and Demichelis.

de niro said:
Seosa said:
de niro said:
the bottom line here is that had we kept bobby we'd be champions again. more importantly we'd be signing a much better class of player during this window.

Your brand of WUMming is faltering fast, Bill...

Do you think Mancini would have signed Rodwell Sinclair Fernando and Co. ? No. Had he been retained we would built on the title he won with proper players who would have won us 3 titles in a row.
Ignoring the fact you are wumming.

We would also have not had Kompany, Hart, Aguero and Toure last year or this as all four would have left.

@BluePhil8 said:
bluwes said:
de niro said:

We would have lost Silva, Nasri and Kompany to name but three.

They won the league last year.

Short memory's and all that.

aguero93:20 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Long memory.

That sounds great but I'm pretty sure Vinny and Mangala have had a much better defensive record this season than Vinny and Demichelis.
Mangala and Demi have statistically been the best pairing.

SWP's back said:
aguero93:20 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Mangala and Demi have statistically been the best pairing.

Yep, which would suggest that it's more a case of 'who's got Vinny next to them affecting their form'.

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32863063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32863063</a>

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti says he will take a year off from management if he is sacked by the Spanish club.

The Italian, 55, has one year left on his three-year contract at the Bernabeu but faces an uncertain future.

Ancelotti will have talks with Real next week amid speculation that Napoli coach Rafael Benitez is poised to replace him at the club.

"My future is clear in my head. I will continue here at Real Madrid or I will stop for a year," Ancelotti said.

"I think we are going to meet next week to clarify the future of the club."

Ancelotti, who has been linked with the Manchester City job in the past, was speaking after Real's 7-3 victory over Getafe.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Get ready for yet more shambolic performances next season as it looks increasingly likely that Manuel 442 Pellegrini is staying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.