Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
The problem I have with all of this next-manager-pep talk is, what guarantees do we have that Pep would even take the job? To me it seems as if he'd take any other English top 4 job over City. I see no small possibility of him turning the club down for a different one next season, and frankly embarrassing the hell out of us for chasing his ass for years.

What makes you think he would choose any other top 4 job over City?

There's no guarantees he will take the City job but do you really believe if say us and the rags were his choice that he'd say to Txiki I'm sorry mate, I know you were one of the strongest voices recommending me for the Barca job when I got it but I'm going to choose your biggest rival over you?

That would be a ****'s trick.

Unfortunately for all the Pellegrini out now posters, they made their decision weeks ago, and it wasn't "out".
Our "top brass" have a plan, they've had that plan since your manlove caused his own sacking.
Will their plan work ? Who knows, but hopefully they know it will, but if it doesn't they will have set us back 2-3 years in progress, I trust that they know that it will work.
I don't think Soriano, Txiki or Pellegrini knew how the season was going to unfold or what Mansour and Khaldoon were going to make of it.

You had no love for Bob lo5job and location for his family - I'm sure City will not treat MP like shit and embarrass him publicly - but if things are going wrong - the standby will be ready.

Me personally - with the right transfers we will be up there next year, battling for trophies - Lets be clear no matter what people think of last season, the below doesn't look to bad -
- came 2nd
- beaten by the best team in Europe in CL
- disappointing in 2 cups (should have been out of sight by half time vs Boro, shit in CC vs Newcastle)
- Top scorers in league
- 5th best defence

Not bad from the boss man - Surely the above doesn't deem a sacking

Crystal I'm a huge Pellegrini fan and have no desire to see him go but Pep being suddenly available this summer would mean him going I'm and he will be well aware of that imo.

If it doesn't happen Pellergrini will win us the league again next year and hopefully a whole lot more

Unfortunately for all the Pellegrini out now posters, they made their decision weeks ago, and it wasn't "out".
Our "top brass" have a plan, they've had that plan since your manlove caused his own sacking.
Will their plan work ? Who knows, but hopefully they know it will, but if it doesn't they will have set us back 2-3 years in progress, I trust that they know that it will work.

That's a rather childish post coming from you.

I wanted Pellegrini out, I still don't fancy going into next season with him in charge, but have absolutely no love for Mancini whatsoever. I've just lost plenty of confidence and faith in Pellegrini, and it will take either some ridiculously good signings from Txiki, or Pelle marching into pre-season with a completely reformed and evolved approach, for the cracks to be papered over. The former might get us through one season whilst earning the success required, and is much more likely, but will mean the succession planning will need to be well underway, if not already completed (which I suspect it may well be).

I wanted Pellegrini out, I still don't fancy going into next season with him in charge, but have absolutely no love for Mancini whatsoever. I've just lost plenty of confidence and faith in Pellegrini, and it will take either some ridiculously good signings from Txiki, or Pelle marching into pre-season with a completely reformed and evolved approach, for the cracks to be papered over. The former might get us through one season whilst earning the success required, and is much more likely, but will mean the succession planning will need to be well underway, if not already completed (which I suspect it may well be).
I agree with every word, good post.

What makes you think he would choose any other top 4 job over City?

There's no guarantees he will take the City job but do you really believe if say us and the rags were his choice that he'd say to Txiki I'm sorry mate, I know you were one of the strongest voices recommending me for the Barca job when I got it but I'm going to choose your biggest rival over you?

That would be a ****'s trick.

If we win the league next season, perhaps also do much better in the CL, and United implode, finish outside the top 4, resulting in van Gaal getting the chop, which job would be the greater challenge?

Guardiola doesnt owe Begiristain anything. They've had a professional relationship which has been mutually beneficial.

He's staying so it'll be another season of him playing Toure in a 2 man CM even though he's f*cking useless defensively and doesn't track back quickly enough, asking Fernandinho to run his bollocks off to compensate for Toure, woeful corners, terrible defending from set pieces, baffling line ups and mumbling at press conferences, I'll be honest I'm worried, with all these rumours of us waiting a year for Pep I see nothing good coming of this situation, even if we get all our transfer targets i dont think we have the right man in charge ....
Take a year out then - simples!

Its only "childish", if what I wrote hits a nerve. It wasn't aimed at those who just wanted a change of manager after a relatively average season, it was aimed at those who didn't want this manager 2 years ago, and have never stopped telling us all, in almost every post they have made since, some even claiming that a double winning season last year was just "lucky", its tiresome to keep reading it. Anyway I'm sure my "childish" post will be quickly lost in the deluge of other childish posts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.