Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to get over this inferiority complex about us being liccul City, thinking we're lucky to have these two executives from the mighty Barcelona!

We're a big club in our own right, we're a very attractive proposition for any potential CEO or DoF. While I'm glad they're at the club, Sorriano and Txiki aren't doing us a favour, they're fortunate to be working at such a successful and growing club.

The people who slag Garry Cook and Mancini are the people who are too concerned about what other people think. Garry's gaffes in the press, Mancini doesn't say hello to the tea lady.

Get over the inferiority, judge people on their merits and achievements. By any measure, Garry Cook's, Mancini's and Sorriano's achievements have been outstanding while at the club, so they should be judged as successful. Txiki has had a bit of a mixed bag for us so far, some good, some bad, so he should be judged as so.

Let's not judge him as "Txiki Bergiristan, DoF for the most successful club side in history" because it makes us feel important. Let's judge him on what he's actually done at City. A fairly promising start, with lots of room for improvement.

What's Txiki has done he. We could have got Demi on a free, Bony ( if he so fking important) for £16 million. Jovetic a waste of money, The beast a one season wonder. Fernandinho already 30. The core of the team is still what Bobby attracted and improved. Txiki hit ratio was no better at Barcelona and they have done a lot better without him. I'm truly concerned that he will deliver dross that we will need to replace inside two seasons again. I feel we have employed someone who is lost in a world where he can't bully people because he doesn't represent Barcelona, we made better signings without him.

Last edited:
No they haven't.

With no real comparable youth player's coming through to replace Puyol, Xavi, or Valdes, they have secured the player's to but them back at Number 1. We are now further away. Yes FFP has had an effect, but some purely amateurish decision making meant we couldn't even try to sign Sanchez and out of 12 signings since he has been DOF, only 3 player's could be considered first choice selection.

With no real comparable youth player's coming through to replace Puyol, Xavi, or Valdes, they have secured the player's to but them back at Number 1. We are now further away. Yes FFP has had an effect, but some purely amateurish decision making meant we couldn't even try to sign Sanchez and out of 12 signings since he has been DOF, only 3 player's could be considered first choice selection.

He built a team that won 3 Champions Leagues and about 5 La Liga titles in 6 years. Please explain how they're doing better since he left.

He built the squat he after all agreed to Eto'o to Inter for Zlatan and around £20 million paid as well. He has form for blowing money and how difficult is it to entice players to the club who, Cruyff, Maradona, Stoichkov, Hagi and Figo have played for.
They now have 3 of the top 5 forwards in their front 3 they have managed to find a replacement for Xavi we haven't found a replacement for Barry.

What's Txiki has done he. We could have got Demi on a free, Bony ( if he so fking important) for £16 million. Jovetic a waste of money, The beast a one season wonder. Fernandinho already 30. The core of the team is still what Bobby attracted and improved. Txiki hit ratio was no better at Barcelona and they have done a lot better without him. I'm truly concerned that he will deliver dross that we will need to replace inside two seasons again. I feel we have employed someone who is lost in a world where he can't bully people because he doesn't represent Barcelona, we made better signings without him.
Whilst i agree that some of the signings have been gash ie fernando and jovetic ..some like fernandinho, demi, Mangala, bony have been half decent. Yes we overpaid on the fee's for some of the signings whilst he's been here imo but it's what happens when you're in our position that city are in I suppose. Mangala still has more to bring next season and has the potential of being a solid PL defender. Fernandinho plays a vital part in the centre of our midfield and we always look alot stronger with him, demi has improved vastly and well bony, we're yet too see the best of him Lets just so what he can do in most important summer in years. Suppose we have to back him and be confident that he WILL get in the right players and get shut if the right ones.

As trends go though, anything anti-txiki on here seems to be deleted and/or berated from what i've seen...

He built the squat he after all agreed to Eto'o to Inter for Zlatan and around £20 million paid as well. He has form for blowing money and how difficult is it to entice players to the club who, Cruyff, Maradona, Stoichkov, Hagi and Figo have played for.
They now have 3 of the top 5 forwards in their front 3 they have managed to find a replacement for Xavi we haven't found a replacement for Barry.

So he bought a quality player that didn't quite work out in the team. Now answer the question. How have they done better since he left? Not in a "well he bought this player once upon a time but this player now plays in the team way. How, in real terms ie trophies won, have they done better since he left?

He built a team that won 3 Champions Leagues and about 5 La Liga titles in 6 years. Please explain how they're doing better since he left.
They've found the going tough mate.

2 Champions Leagues compared to 1 during Txiki's time.
3 Titles in 5 years without Txiki compared to 4 in 7 years whilst he was there
2 Copa Del Rey's compared to 1 during Txiki's reign

Some might say they've actually improved...

They've found the going tough mate.

2 Champions Leagues compared to 1 during Txiki's time.
3 Titles in 5 years without Txiki compared to 4 in 7 years whilst he was there
2 Copa Del Rey's compared to 1 during Txiki's reign

Some might say they've actually improved...

They only won 1 Champions league between 2003 and 2010? Are you sure about that? He built the team that won the 2011 one as well, he'd actually signed Villa before he left.

Whilst i agree that some of the signings have been gash ie fernando and jovetic ..some like fernandinho, demi, Mangala, bony have been half decent. Yes we overpaid on the fee's for some of the signings whilst he's been here imo but it's what happens when you're in our position that city are in I suppose. Mangala still has more to bring next season and has the potential of being a solid PL defender. Fernandinho plays a vital part in the centre of our midfield and we always look alot stronger with him, demi has improved vastly and well bony, we're yet too see the best of him Lets just so what he can do in most important summer in years. Suppose we have to back him and be confident that he WILL get in the right players and get shut if the right ones.

As trends go though, anything anti-txiki on here seems to be deleted and/or berated from what i've seen...

Ferndhinio was too old and we over paid, he's hardly here for the long haul. Mangala basically replaced Nastasic who was arguably one of better players in his last proper season (although some of his departure is MP's fault), Demi - see Fernandhinio albeit cheap as chips. Bony hasnt done anything and thus far has done very little to warrent his price, looked immobile and clumsy.
My faith in Txiki is very very thin and agree that for the most part were still living off Manchini's players which were biggers players signed when we were a smaller, less attractive club.

Id also add that Barca under him was built upon their youth and no player signings.

This transfer window is vitally important and right now id have more faith in Gary Cooke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.