Ditching Sky

I've said it before and I'll say it again but I wouldn't touch these open boxes with a barge poll especially from a person that gives out his mobile phone number over facebook. In fact I'd probably consider Sky rather than them. Stick with Kodi, less come backs and peace of mind

Cancelled everything from sky apart from the broadband. I have the freesat stuff with record function , line rental, and unlimited broadband. £17 per month.
Got myself a zgemma h2s and a £12 per year sub.
Gone from £90 per month to £17 in one swoop.

Just need to sort my footy on blue moon build on kodi. Struggling to get good streams.
Did u get your h2s from sat tech pal? If so is it just a case of hooking it up with no hassle involved?

Cheers, I have sky on a good deal but it runs out in Jan so thinking of buying quite soon, Are most things In HD? Is absolutely everything already set up like epg etc? Did u get the iptv add on at all and if so how is it for football /movies? I only have sky standard broadband running at 10mb so do you reckon that would be fine or an upgrade to fibre needed? Apologies for all the questions pal but I'm not very tech minded and dubious about such things as I was conned with a supposed chipped sky card years ago haha, thanks

You don't get hd channels. Once you follow instructions from the lads at sat tech which comes with the box, epg is all then set up. We moved from sky broadband to sky fibre broadband. Much quicker, but your broadband would be ok. We didn't go for the iptv add on. Any questions I would go on their Facebook site as I am a bit of a noob with it too.

You don't get hd channels. Once you follow instructions from the lads at sat tech which comes with the box, epg is all then set up. We moved from sky broadband to sky fibre broadband. Much quicker, but your broadband would be ok. We didn't go for the iptv add on. Any questions I would go on their Facebook site as I am a bit of a noob with it too.
Haha OK mate thanks for the info I wanted to ask a buyer rather than seller as no doubt they'd glorify it, thanks again

The IPTV add on comes with Sky Sports (inc Box Office), BT Sports, NBC Sports, TSN and others in 720p so it covers football pretty well. There are plenty of foreign language sports channels too if you can't find the game. A lot of the other channels aren't in HD though, even if it says HD in the name. It's an HD stream, though, not an HD channel, so it's somewhere between SD and HD TV. They do a 24 hour trial too if you have a smart TV that has the Smart IPTV app, so you can see what you're getting before you pay them.

The IPTV add on comes with Sky Sports (inc Box Office), BT Sports, NBC Sports, TSN and others in 720p so it covers football pretty well. There are plenty of foreign language sports channels too if you can't find the game. A lot of the other channels aren't in HD though, even if it says HD in the name. It's an HD stream, though, not an HD channel, so it's somewhere between SD and HD TV. They do a 24 hour trial too if you have a smart TV that has the Smart IPTV app, so you can see what you're getting before you pay them.

Thanks for info pal, don't have smart TV unfortunately just HD, 10mb speed OK to stream iptv or do I need an upgrade? Do you get sky sports and bt without the iptv?

Thanks for info pal, don't have smart TV unfortunately just HD, 10mb speed OK to stream iptv or do I need an upgrade?

Not really, if the feed is hls for example this comes in variable bitrate packets of data, a fast action scene for example would shoot past that 10mbps leaving you with buffering issues. Feeds are only increasing in bitrate so you really want to upgrade, 30mbps i would suggest is a minimum for lag free streaming, espesh if kids are on fb etc also, in fact then you may need even more.

Not really, if the feed is hls for example this comes in variable bitrate packets of data, a fast action scene for example would shoot past that 10mbps leaving you with buffering issues. Feeds are only increasing in bitrate so you really want to upgrade, 30mbps i would suggest is a minimum for lag free streaming, espesh if kids are on fb etc also, in fact then you may need even more.
No kids apart from one every other weekend haha only her in doors on Facebook etc, thanks pal really appreciated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.