Ditching Sky

Anyone know if the MAG254 is worth getting? Is the IPTV arrangement ok and can you record multiple channels at the same time? I ditched Sky recently and have an Openbox V8S which is okay but I would like something that combines a satellite box and a Kodi type set up, any advice would be very welcome

Anyone know if the MAG254 is worth getting? Is the IPTV arrangement ok and can you record multiple channels at the same time? I ditched Sky recently and have an Openbox V8S which is okay but I would like something that combines a satellite box and a Kodi type set up, any advice would be very welcome
I'd be looking at a zgemma and a now tv box with plex installed on it. I've got that and it's the best of both worlds.

A colleague of mine has just managed to get Sky Q box set deal.

£26 a month, 60-80gb Broadband, Phone line and all packages apart from Sports & Movies. Can`t grumble at that price, I`m tied in with them until February, but I`m going to call and see if they can do anything for me.

Latest begging offer from SKY this week, TV sports package for £19 a month! They sent this in a letter where on the phone the best deal i had when i was in the process of leaving was £29 and i repeatdly said i would stay on the basis i had my original deal of £24 a month. If they had offered me this a month ago i'd still be signed up! F'em. Murdoch Bst'ds.

I'm happy with my firestick now running KODI and Mobdro.

i cancelled sky last night via live chat, been putting it off for last few months because the last time i tried to cancel they kept me on the phone for bloody ages with different deals and shit and in the end they offered me the basic package for £8 a month for 10 months so i said yes stupidly (i have an openbox so i dont need sky but the missus likes the sky tv guide....long story.....)

i think the live chat thingy must be quite recent because i was all done and dusted within 10 minutes. i was offered a 15% discount off my package to try and keep me but i was determined to end it last night and tbh 15% off is pretty shite really. anyway im free from sky and now saving 20 odd quid a month, im not even sure what the basic package is these days? £25?

get a cheap enigma 2(zgemma) box, install vix image and one of the skins/epg's make it pretty damn close to Sly's.

Even if your not computer savvy a couple of vids online are spot on to set up if you follow step by step.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.