Ditching Sky

Ok, so I cancelled Sky on Saturday as my half-price deal has ended - told them if they offered me it at half-price again it wouldn't be good enough as there's uncertainty over my job (which is true). So they offered me 40% off d'oh. I know they'll be back on to me in the coming days and weeks and offering me better discounts but I'm going to stand firm - if they give me an outstanding offer such as 70% off I'll consider it but otherwise I'm in the market for an alternative. I don't know much about this kind of thing but a guy at work had what I think was a zgemma style box installed for a £160 one-off fee plus an IPTV annual subscription for £70 from the same guy. Trouble is, a lot of the channels have gone of late as stated on here and he has to rely on the IPTV instead. No way I'm going to get a stand alone IPTV sub for £70 per annum off the bloke who supplied both his zgemma and IPTV if I don't take up the zgemma option though. How much can I expect to pay for a monthly IPTV sub, and can anyone recommend someone with a decent rep via PM of course? Also, how do I set it up? I've got one of those android boxes and a Samsung Smart TV - can I do it through either of those?
If you decide to stick with Sky then you'll probably already have 60% off, either on your account online or via the stb. If you try the live chat you'll be able to get 60% plus £50 or £100 credit if you try a couple or three times. 75% discount (plus possible credit) is usually only available once you've been actually turned off.

why didn't you try this during close season when most people stop watching the horrible cunts and they are desparate?
Just the way we did it. I think the outcome will be the same. I'm not too bothered. I only watch City. Too busy to watch all the games on offer. Most TV can be streamed via Amazon Prime.
Catch City on Now Tv and save a fortune. Nearly 100 notes a month for Sky.

Just the way we did it. I think the outcome will be the same. I'm not too bothered. I only watch City. Too busy to watch all the games on offer. Most TV can be streamed via Amazon Prime.
Catch City on Now Tv and save a fortune. Nearly 100 notes a month for Sky.
you have a few better options judging from a quick view of your viewing habits (very similar to mine, i hardly ever watch live tv bar the footie).

@TCIB take this man from darkness to the light.

Ditched Sky yesterday. Offered it for 50% and turned that down. Waiting for at least 60% off.
Where did you get the 50% off offer? Does it show up via email or somewhere else? My contract is up for renewal at the end of the month and its scheduled to jump from £35 a month (SkyQ, multiscreen, all the channels but no internet) to £92 a month. Not a chance in hell that I will pay that given all I want is the football, Sky Atlantic and the ability to watch in the bedroom!

Where did you get the 50% off offer? Does it show up via email or somewhere else? My contract is up for renewal at the end of the month and its scheduled to jump from £35 a month (SkyQ, multiscreen, all the channels but no internet) to £92 a month. Not a chance in hell that I will pay that given all I want is the football, Sky Atlantic and the ability to watch in the bedroom!
I got my offer on the interactive menu on sky, straight after a phoned up to cancel

I got sports, variety, box sets & unlimited broadband with line rental reduced to £50 last September, discount due to run out this month but just had a letter saying they've extended the discount for a further 12 months!

I also cancelled sky for my dad last week, he had sports and variety, he was paying £60. They called him yesterday and offered it for £25 for 12 months!

They seem pretty desperate to keep people at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.