Ditching Sky

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gaudion M, 31 May 2016.

1. Rudgey

Rudgey

I got sports, variety, box sets & unlimited broadband with line rental reduced to £50 last September, discount due to run out this month but just had a letter saying they've extended the discount for a further 12 months!

I also cancelled sky for my dad last week, he had sports and variety, he was paying £60. They called him yesterday and offered it for £25 for 12 months!

They seem pretty desperate to keep people at the moment

Lasted edited by : 10 Aug 2017
  2. Taxi

Taxi

I believe time will be the catalyst for Sky with so much new competition.
    It happened with BT back in the day and they will have to adapt to the new markets or go under.
    Price wise they are fighting a losing battle and most people can now see the wood from the trees and haggle or leave.

3. Sheikh rattle and roll

Sheikh rattle and roll

I am going to go back to sky all I want is the football , so I am guessing sky sports and by sports . I left over 4 years ago am I best getting both those through sky virgin etc etc and what do reckon I should be paying thanks

4. Cotton Weave Blue

Cotton Weave Blue

Im haggling over renewing on the live chat, I've said i cant afford the renewal of £108.99 after paying £47.99 for 2 years.

There reply was a thumbs up emoji lol. I dont know what to make of that....

5. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    Someone needs to realise that people want just sports - as it is you cannot get sports through anyone (except NowTV) without an 'entertainment package' (read: 100s of channels no-one watches.)

6. Jacob Smith

Jacob Smith

I was about to ask this exact question. So even with the new sports channels they've done, there's no way of selecting a package consisting only of either a few of or all of the sports channels and nothing else? There must be millions out there like myself who would just have the sports!

7. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    The only (legal) way to do it, as far as I can see is with a NowTV monthly pass, but that is £33/mo for literally just standard definition sports.

8. asgoodasitgets

asgoodasitgets

Talk Talk have an offer on for broadband, line renal and Sky Sports for £28 ish a month
    www.talktalk.co.uk

9. Jacob Smith

Jacob Smith

Yeah I've got an Apple TV so I use the Sport day pass sometimes for £6.99 which isn't too bad, but like you say only standard definition!
    Will have a look at this, thank you!

10. taleofbluehalves

taleofbluehalves

On the online chat but started at 10% off!