Ditching Sky

If you really need the number then it's just the telly to cancel down.
Although I would first blag them and tell them the whole lot is going because your worried about the cost.
And dont forget to tell them what a wonderful deal BT are offering.

You can call there bluff and run it to the wire to see if they come good.
I have an idea if you are out of contract your looking good to go.
Let us all know how you get on.

I cancelled in March, and let it run down to the last 3 days before switch off, logged into Sky and they offered me 60% for full everything HD.

I took them up on their offer, naturally.

Since then I`ve ivested in a IPTV package, to watch the 3pm kick offs. he was doing a deal £55 for the year, It`s fantastic, when March comes i will drop my Sky down to absolutle minimm package, and continue to use my IPTV for films and sports as It`s been top notch and never let me down.

Well I joined Virgin a year or two ago from Sky. The reason? I was paying 80-odd quid and wanted to watch the Champs League.. iirc BT sport had gone up to 25 a month and called them to haggle. Half price Sky Sports for 3 months was the offer. I then had a look at Virgin and the offer was £100 voucher, plus package at £65 for 9 months, then full price, but was still cheaper than Sky who could not offer me fibre either. At the time I decided to tell Sky about leaving they'd not budged, a friend was thinking of doing the same so referred them to Virgin and got £50 too! Sky came back with a increased offer once I'd put in the Virgin order, but wouldn't discount enough to absorb the refer a friend voucher so ditched them after 14 years service.

Whats gone well - Virgin broadband speeds are absolutely amazing. Really notice it with iplayer youtube etc.
New box upgraded for free! And engineer visits if I need them are free.
Great router and no technical difficulties with picture loss during rain haha.

Whats not gone well. Quite simply - the cost. Price rises all the time £4 each on average. HOWEVER this tactic by Virgin means you can break the contract if you decide you want to go. So haggling takes place each time. My full package cost is now £115 for Sports package, 200mb bb, and phone. However they discounted £15 when I haggled. I reduced the BB to 100mb which is a fiver less and tried to not use the phone line. Started averaging £90-95 a month bills still. So decided whats more important, sky sports or BT Sport. Decided BT - CL , FA cup and some Prem games. £31.25 a month savings. A week later I referred a friend for £50. My normal bill is still £60 odd quid. But I can live with that. Now I've found out my 10inch tablet can install Sky's mobile app at £6 a month for PL footy (Now TV is PAYG £8 a day or 32 a month). It's a trade off that works for me.

So if you've had enough of Sky and genuinely want Sky Sports and BT sport at the lowest price and don't mind streaming Sky Sports. Here's the deal. Virgin offer is Full House package at 55 a month for 12 months then 70 a month. Plus your £6 mobile Sky Sports app. So £61 a month for a year not bad! (Refer a friend also £50 each :P )

Last edited:
Cancelled my direct debit 9 days ago as I was getting no where with a fault,I rang them every day and couldn't get through unless I waited for over 1/2 hour,I be fucked if I am doing that and running up a phone bill when the problem is on their side,so my service was cut off on Friday, anyone give me advice as I want the service back,should I wait until they get on to me or should I get back on the phone and ask for discount because of the hastle they caused me

Cancelled my direct debit 9 days ago as I was getting no where with a fault,I rang them every day and couldn't get through unless I waited for over 1/2 hour,I be fucked if I am doing that and running up a phone bill when the problem is on their side,so my service was cut off on Friday, anyone give me advice as I want the service back,should I wait until they get on to me or should I get back on the phone and ask for discount because of the hastle they caused me
Try the my sky app off playstore and log in your account, they used to harass me that way

try a lovely little tweet about how shit the service is...Virgin Media got back to me within the hour

Only just got another myself after almost 5 years phone free. I still keep the thing at a distance due to not wanting to join the hoards of zombies who never stop messing with theirs.

You have other techy things to be messing with eh ? Zombie ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.