Diving bans approved

What will happen if a player is booked for simulation when it clearly wasn't? Will the perpetrator get a ban? And what about any "overlooked" penalty?

Seems to me that this hasn't been totally thought through and should be handled during the game not retrospectively. - i.e. video technology.

I get the mistrust. But surely it's a step in the right direction - if you get a 3 match ban for diving why would you as a player take that risk ? It's a very good punishment. A yellow or a 10 min sin bin as Sam suggested isn't. Plus the fact some decisions take time to come to a conclusion, if a video ref only has one or two angles this will delay the game - we've seen how pundits have argued whether it was a dive or not, yes like anything in sport there will be mistakes and uproar - but a retrospective ban is something I've called for a long time.
So West Ham have a penalty awarded against them when Sane dives.

Sane gets a ban and misses the next two games against Palace and Brighton (who are level on points with West Ham with two games to go in the relegation scrap).

That effectively means West Ham get punished three times. First the pen, then weakening a team playing your rivals for survival.

VR would have meant West Ham don't have the pen against them and aren't punished at all.

Sane gets a ban and misses the next two games against Palace and Brighton (who are level on points with West Ham with two games to go in the relegation scrap).

That effectively means West Ham get punished three times. First the pen, then weakening a team playing your rivals for survival.

VR would have meant West Ham don't have the pen against them and aren't punished at all.
That makes too much sense.

That makes too much sense.

And consequently hasn't got the FArce trade mark on it!

The disciplinary process as executed by the FA is the complete farce. A player gets booked for diving (but didn't dive because the wanker with the whistle, Jones in this instance, doesn't know his arse from a whistle!) and after the game the player gets a two match ban, if I've understood it all. Yet two footed lunges perpetrated by some well-known names go unpunished and remain uncharged by the FArce. Classic example of more farcery by the farceurs extraordinaire!

But what's the punishment now ?

Sane dives get the pen award and that's it.

Knowing he will get a ban for diving, it's unlikely he would do this.

( I dont dismiss VR - do both ! ) it'll happen eventually.

I've seen two newspapers show Sterling in their photo accompanying the story on Twitter this morning.

No doubt the club will bring them to task, defend the player, and highlight how many penalties we have been cheated out of this season /sarcasm off

the only reason this is introduced and not VT is because the FA/PL lose control of the decision-making and tactical punishments if its VT. Now they can bring in the stupid VT where the ref runs to the side of the pitch and gives the decision he's told to give (seeing as I haven't seen the ref run over and actually make a correct decision yet), and this kind of stuff will be "left post-match because we already have procedure in place".

In the end there needs to be a clear definition of what is a dive. Does it include inducing contact, going down easy or just a Rashord style no contact cheat if it's the latter we don't have much to worry about the former to be honest we are no better than most

ESPN did the top 10 players going to get banned with this,raz,sane and gabby all in there,raz deinately says the bitter dipper steve nicol

In the end there needs to be a clear definition of what is a dive. Does it include inducing contact, going down easy or just a Rashord style no contact cheat if it's the latter we don't have much to worry about the former to be honest we are no better than most

But that would defeat the whole object of this exercise which is to enable 'discretion' to be exercised by an anonymous panel chosen by anonymous people looking at selected events chosen by anonymous complainants. I think we all know which club from the top 6 will have most players disciplined under this system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.