Diving bans approved

Open to so much abuse. Media witch hunts with Sky, BT and MotD setting the agenda is almost a certainty.

Plus, although these bans are a detriment to the team that suffers them, the team that was cheated doesn't necessarily gain anything and in fact might be at a disadvantage because the banned player might miss a game against the cheated team's rivals. Full of holes and I don't trust it will work to anything but our disadvantage.

But it's full of holes now. A player dives and more often than not gets the decision in his favour - at worst, no decision or a yellow hence why players still do it. They would think twice much more knowing they could get a ban

As of next season players can be banned for diving with a panel consisting of an ex official, an ex manager and an ex player deciding fate.

Luckily for the Rags it will be Webb, Baconface and Phil Neville.

Neville Neville, Gary Neville and Phil Neville

But it's full of holes now. A player dives and more often than not gets the decision in his favour - at worst, no decision or a yellow hence why players still do it. They would think twice much more knowing they could get a ban
They could also get injured out for the season(or end their career) for not avoiding a challenge when they really should for fear of it looking like a dive... it really could lead to situations like that if it's done carelessly.

What's the lesser of two evils there: Someone getting away with going down easy or the premier league loosing one of it's stars that generate the money they can't wait to get their greedy little paws on? I'm already sick of some of the challenges that go unpunished against players like Silva, Sterling and Aguero throughout a season, they get free reign as it is some games.

In fact I'm certain this wouldn't be fair without video referees in the game and if we have those it becomes unnecessary in the first place, if it's that hard to call even with video referees we have to give them the benefit of the doubt(if it's not a foul but they've gone down, it's not always a dive).

Last edited:
I get the mistrust. But surely it's a step in the right direction - if you get a 3 match ban for diving why would you as a player take that risk ? It's a very good punishment. A yellow or a 10 min sin bin as Sam suggested isn't. Plus the fact some decisions take time to come to a conclusion, if a video ref only has one or two angles this will delay the game - we've seen how pundits have argued whether it was a dive or not, yes like anything in sport there will be mistakes and uproar - but a retrospective ban is something I've called for a long time.
Video reffing worked perfectly in the recent France v Spain game,it didn't slow things down and sorted out 2 goals that were mistaken given or disallowed,that is the way to go,watching on tv we can see if someone has dived within seconds,if the panel aren't sure then go with whatever the ref decides in that moment,you'll soon complain if you get robbed of a game,punishing after the fact will not change the outcome of the game,it could be you lose when you shouldn't have
I will bet rags and dippers never get done because the ref will book them all so they can't get done after,the bias and stitch ups will continue,it's a nonsense way to sort it out and gives the officials even more power to abuse

The people running our game are fucking cretins.

Edit - no surprise to see bluehammer endorse it.

BBC Sport report that the FA are to bring in retrospective bans for diving. This raises many questions, amongst them:

1. If a player is retrospectively found to have dived, after his side have been awarded a penalty as a result of his dive, will the goal (if scored) and result (if it has affected the result) stand?
2. Are referees going to be sending people off for a perceived dive? If so, we can expect to be on the end of many an injustice.
3. Will the FA retrospectively overturn incorrect refereeing decisions where a Red Card has been administered?

This will surely lead to more outrage from fans and managers when players get banned but results stand.

All this is merely fiddling with the game and blindly ignoring the fact that top flight football needs a fourth official with video replay to enable the referees to make the right call and achieve the just result.

It should be a good thing but I am very wary. I cant see why video ref isnt used instead but at least this should act as a deterrent until then. However, I can see the interpretation being abused and some clubs punished more than others. I predict Sterling and Sane will play 4 games next season.

Open to so much abuse. Media witch hunts with Sky, BT and MotD setting the agenda is almost a certainty.

Plus, although these bans are a detriment to the team that suffers them, the team that was cheated doesn't necessarily gain anything and in fact might be at a disadvantage because the banned player might miss a game against the cheated team's rivals. Full of holes and I don't trust it will work to anything but our disadvantage.

This.
Sky started already showing the dubious challenge on Sane in the Middlesbrough game on a loop whilst no sign of Rashfords blatant dive earlier the same day.
[QUOTE=

Video reffing worked perfectly in the recent France v Spain game,it didn't slow things down and sorted out 2 goals that were mistaken given or disallowed,that is the way to go,watching on tv we can see if someone has dived within seconds,if the panel aren't sure then go with whatever the ref decides in that moment,you'll soon complain if you get robbed of a game,punishing after the fact will not change the outcome of the game,it could be you lose when you shouldn't have
I will bet rags and dippers never get done because the ref will book them all so they can't get done after,the bias and stitch ups will continue,it's a nonsense way to sort it out and gives the officials even more power to abuse

So your against a retrospective panel who can carefully decide the outcome but your in favour of a panel to make a very quick decision and if not let the Ref who wasn't sure decide ?

They could also get injured out for the season(or end their career) for not avoiding a challenge when they really should for fear of it looking like a dive... it really could lead to situations like that if it's done carelessly.

What's the lesser of two evils there: Someone getting away with going down easy or the premier league loosing one of it's stars that generate the money they can't wait to get their greedy little paws on? I'm already sick of some of the challenges that go unpunished against players like Silva, Sterling and Aguero throughout a season, they get free reign as it is some games.

In fact I'm certain this wouldn't be fair without video referees in the game and if we have those it becomes unnecessary in the first place, if it's that hard to call even with video referees we have to give them the benefit of the doubt(if it's not a foul but they've gone down, it's not always a dive).

Well surely a retrospective panel would see the player has jumped out the way to avoid heavy collision and so will decide no necessary action.

How about people complain at the actual cheating diving c*nts that have forced the FAs hand ? ... they are going to give bans to these players at long last and we're moaning

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.