Do not loan out Diaz and Foden

Marvin

http://www.goal.com/en/news/man-cit...th-youngster-brahim/11rhkkik3agrhzhmd4brypbvo

Diaz and Foden are outstanding young players. Give them a chance at City, or the Academy means nothing.

If that means City have to hold off from buying senior players then do so because it's obvious that these players will be ready for the 1st team in the next 1-2 seasons

City have to decide whether the Academy is just a money making machine like Chelsea, or whether it is truly tied to the club. I expect in time that the best young players will start to avoid City and Chelsea if they think that they will be loaned out all the time.

I can’t say I’ve ever looked at Diaz and thought he’d be a star player for us. Foden however, I think he will be a star player for us his entire career and remain loyal to the club like Scholes, Gerrard and to a lesser extent Lampard if you focus on his Chelsea days. I’d loan out Diaz.

My mates son is Cameron Humphries. I often wonder what his chances are. Looks a quality player but long term? I don’t know if or how they can make it with the level of players we buy to compete with. How many would be expected to star for us out of each crop of youngsters coming through? Take that silly class of 92 bollocks away and most of theirs fucked off to lesser clubs eventually.

Why is it surprising that Brahim is considering a move away??
Sancho did that and is getting game time.

And reading through threads, people want us to sign one more attacking player so why shouldn't he consider move away??

The only hope for him is to replace Kun next season when he leaves possibly but we will sign Someone big so maybe even that is ruled out

I can’t say I’ve ever looked at Diaz and thought he’d be a star player for us. Foden however, I think he will be a star player for us his entire career and remain loyal to the club like Scholes, Gerrard and to a lesser extent Lampard if you focus on his Chelsea days. I’d loan out Diaz.

My mates son is Cameron Humphries. I often wonder what his chances are. Looks a quality player but long term? I don’t know if or how they can make it with the level of players we buy to compete with. How many would be expected to star for us out of each crop of youngsters coming through? Take that silly class of 92 bollocks away and most of theirs fucked off to lesser clubs eventually.
I haven't seen much of Diaz but if anything I would say that he is the best prospect. City talk a lot about the Academy but the record so far is not good. The players have to be good enough, but I really think they are. At least let's find out. I was looking forward to seeing Diaz develop into a Manchester City player. Re-think this City. Bringing through young players is what gives a side energy and provides hope for the other young players coming through.

I think regarding both players it is going to be hard. Pep knows what to expect from these players at there ages now. But saying that they need to be tested more and get a run of games. I think Foden will stay Diaz I am not too sure. I would hope if they go out on loan they go to a technical league more so than the championship or another team in the league.
I have a feeling if both stay they will play a few more games than last season. IF we sign another midfielder then I would be worried. They already got the competiton from Mahrez to the midfield roles so any more might push 1 or both out the door.
Sure if Pep thinks there good enough they will stay.
I would also add Lukas Nmecha to the duo named. If we play with Kun and Jesus is a 3-5-2 of sorts he has every chance of getting a few games this coming season too. Now both guys has picked up injuries so for Nmecha he could well be the academy player we all forgot about that makes the leap ahead of Foden and Diaz.

I haven't seen much of Diaz but if anything I would say that he is the best prospect. City talk a lot about the Academy but the record so far is not good. The players have to be good enough, but I really think they are. At least let's find out. I was looking forward to seeing Diaz develop into a Manchester City player. Re-think this City. Bringing through young players is what gives a side energy and provides hope for the other young players coming through.
Just shows how hard it is. The pressure is on the club to be successful on a sustained level. Trusting academy players with that is risky, as proven by Chelsea. They’ve done what we haven’t yet - won the CL, with players bought at huge cost. I think if we get one true star out of it it’s working, with the others going into having good careers lower down, earning the club money. Think Zinchenko if he moves.

Academy players need to prove their worth at a lower level before being trusted in the first team. This is the case even for league 2 clubs, you can't be expecting to give a 17/18 year old serious minutes when they haven't even developed physically yet.

I've understood others leaving from the academy and the business model but if City lose EITHER of these two it will be effing ridiculous.

They are in the first team squad play them sometimes or we will never know. If they flop ok but I can't see it.

These two are different and represent what we have been looking for all these years. Both should be starters in League Cup and FA Cup.

might be unpopular opinion but I think diaz is currently the better player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.