Do we give up on players too easily

im a real advocate of waiting on players, sometimes it takes years for them to come good, but in a results driven world time is precious.

happy for Mangala to get involved again, Nasri i dunno.

and De Jong was bang average, can't understand that one

Mangala certainly could help us against specific players/teams. I am assuming Pep wants a CB he doesn't have to worry about in any situation.

Mangala is fine if he is up against someone physical who will try to go toe to toe, like Costa in his first game, but stick a striker who will run the channels or take a touch near him and look to spin past and he struggles.

I thought we let Gareth Barry leave a season too early.
Thought Pep was too quick to get rid of Nasri although you can understand why.
De Jong great attitude nothing else,left at the right time.
Dzeko did not try a leg in his last season.

Just watched the game v the rags and I'm thinking we give up on players far too easily, specifically nasri and mangala. You can't doubt nasris talent and mangala has all the attributes to be a good defender so instead of just spunking 40mil on em why not work on em to make em better, I know with nasris it's probably an attitude thing but that could be sorted and mangala needs some guidance that maybe vinny could give

Nasri can't be relied on,every coach has questioned his attitude & motivation
Last year he was banished to the Fat camp & now he looks like Puscas.

Mangala looks a fine specimen but he can't play with the ball at his feet.

De Jong? Come of it. Its 2017, got to let that 2010 mentality go.
So in 2024 we will have to have another mentality as well? We change it every 7 years? de Jong was the only one that could cover for Yaya in a midfield of two, they formed an incredible partnership.

So in 2024 we will have to have another mentality as well? We change it every 7 years? de Jong was the only one that could cover for Yaya in a midfield of two, they formed an incredible partnership.

De Jong was a useful player but you're forgetting the best midfield holding partnership when De Jong was here was Yaya and Barry, De Jong was 2nd fiddle to Barry in the 11/12 season and quite rightly.

Nasri will be sold or loaned....age not on his side.

Really hope Mangala given another chance ...still remember the game against chelsea at home ,where lampard scored. Mangala was the best defender on the pitch and had costa in his pocket

De Jong was a useful player but you're forgetting the best midfield holding partnership when De Jong was here was Yaya and Barry, De Jong was 2nd fiddle to Barry in the 11/12 season and quite rightly.
I remember de Jong very well, as he was one of my favourite players. And I m surprised that people don t rate him, he was more than a destroyer. Refresh your memory on youtube and you will remember how good he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.